• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz to Publish Naruto at 3 Books a Month at Year's End

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quote
YES! YES! YES! You rule Viz! This is the greatest news I've heard all day. I'll take a copy of everything mentioned, thank you very much!
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
WOW. I would have been happy with one a month but three?! I'm exicted, but boy is the wallet gunna hurt.

Guess I get to tell everyone what they're getting me for Christmas already heh.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Cool. It was getting sad how far behind the manga was getting by sticking to US Jump's schedule.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Finally the manga will be ahead of the anime again and it will only be 10 behind the Japanese realeses just like Bleach.

The Xenos wrote:

If Viz were do apply the same to One Piece, I'd be quite happy.

Me too, maybe with the new dub coming out Viz will do the same with One Piece since the anime has gotten way ahead of the manga.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Yay good news! Maybe I'll start buying Naruto again. Hard to believe we'll be at 27 by the end of the year.
zeno99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:10 am Reply with quote
Holy crap it's true. Shocked
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quote
yeah, i will buy 10 books in a day.

i just want to laugh at people who acted like they are business analyst and wrote so much stuffs on why Viz won't publish Naruto at 3 books a month.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:28 am Reply with quote
I seriously hope Viz is considering a specially priced three-pack of sorts. 3 books for like $20 or soemthing similar.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:03 am Reply with quote
Every now and then, the crazy rumors you think can't be true turn out to be true.

This will be interesting to watch to see whether it turns out well or not. One thing people talk about repeatedly is the idea of oversaturating the market with too many books, which is why the usual release schedule is one book every 3-4 months, maybe less.

I guess we'll wait and see if Naruto has enough fans with enough money to spend in order to have this not backfire.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote
Awesome, I'm glad to see this rumor panned out. This will make up for the crappy release rate up to this point.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quote
I will definitely be skimping on my other shopping to pick up all 13 volumes coming out through the rest of the year. I'm not the biggest fan, but the way they release their SJ titles in the mag, and taking 3-5 months sometimes between GN releases really bugs me, and considering how far behind Naruto is (currently 24 volumes), this is a very nice way of catching up. And yeah, as someone else said, Christmas is at the receiving end of the release dump, so that'll probably fill in the gaps on any fans shelf. Smile
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:20 am Reply with quote
Wow.
Jaded little old me figured Viz kust wants to be sure to get everything they can from Naruto before the bubble bursts. I was also suspicious when they released Kenshin every month (I suspected the same reason--strike while the iron's hot)

I'm disheartened because someone told me GetBackers ended around vol 33 & I saw vol 39 on the weekly bestseller list ANN posted. I'm going to be reading it for the next 10 yrs, aren't I? I decided I could hold off InuYasha because at the rate Viz is releasing it, it'll still be running in as dozen years when I retire & I'll have more time to read
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2