• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Boston 2007 - Adapting Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I feel bad for the panelists. They're from completely different companies, but they're getting all the fan rage that should go to crappy companies like 4kids. Even after they keep explaining how they had nothing to do with One Piece. (edit: Oh and I haden't even gotten to the blind Naruto fan rage.)

Geez. it's like a live action internet messageboard. You know, those message boards that have nothing but losers who waste their time bitching about anime. Yeah. And man, I can't belive Funimation is leaving ghe lollipop in. That's such bullcrap. These people are idiots. Rolling Eyes (I kid! I kid!)

Anyway, I missed this panel at the con. Interesting to see despite the uninformed fan rage.
Lanisatu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but seriously -- shouldn't the people asking the questions actually give some more thought to what they're talking about and who they're talking to?

The questions specifically about One Piece and Naruto were ridiculous. The woman with the Naruto jacket clearly didn't understand that none of the guest panelists had anything to do with Viz or Naruto. And then she complains about something in another Viz property, Inuyasha? At least the latter was converted into a more general question, but still.

If you don't like the dub acting, don't watch the dub. It's not that hard!

The guest panelists did make some interesting points about broadcasters and the restrictions they face when making something specifically for television. I feel bad for them having to deal with some of those people, but the guests did a good job.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1