• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai to Release Haruhi Character CD 2 Exclusively Through AAA Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:31 am Reply with quote
So what exactly does this mean? Will the CD be available for purchse ONLY through AAA Anime or what?
icepick314

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:14 am Reply with quote
don't know...

doesn't this exclusivity cuts down on sales due to limited availability?

i don't know who AAA Anime is and won't be buying that particular CD if it's not on Rightstuf, my regular anime online store...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
pluvia33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote
Well, Right Stuf does have it available for pre-order.... It lookes like Character CD 3, Mikuru's disc, is also coming out at the same time as Yuki's. Since Haruhi's disc is MIA, hopefully that means it will be packaged with the volume 3 or 4 special edition DVD.

Kind of looks like Bandai may be planning to release all of the Suzumiya Haruhi CD's at some point. That would make me happy. Glad I hadn't already imported them. Anime smile
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
So what exactly does this mean? Will the CD be available for purchse ONLY through AAA Anime or what?

From what I took of it, it sounds like AAA Anime will be the only distributor (wholesale retailer) authorized to sell the CD to end retailers (Right Stuf, etc.).

pluvia33 wrote:
Since Haruhi's disc is MIA, hopefully that means it will be packaged with the volume 3 or 4 special edition DVD.

Yep, the first Haruhi character CD is scheduled to come with the third SE DVD.

animeOnline.com wrote:
Discs 3 and 4 Special Edition ($59.98 each) include:
- Discs with alternative case art
- Pillow cases
- Pencil boards
- Iron-on logos
- Bonus sub-only broadcast order DVDs
- Music CDs (disc 3 has the Haruhi character CD, disc 4 has the "God Knows," "Lost My Music," and "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu" joint single)
pluvia33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
Richard J. wrote:

From what I took of it, it sounds like AAA Anime will be the only distributor (wholesale retailer) authorized to sell the CD to end retailers (Right Stuf, etc.).

pluvia33 wrote:
Since Haruhi's disc is MIA, hopefully that means it will be packaged with the volume 3 or 4 special edition DVD.

Yep, the first Haruhi character CD is scheduled to come with the third SE DVD.

animeOnline.com wrote:
Discs 3 and 4 Special Edition ($59.98 each) include:
- Discs with alternative case art
- Pillow cases
- Pencil boards
- Iron-on logos
- Bonus sub-only broadcast order DVDs
- Music CDs (disc 3 has the Haruhi character CD, disc 4 has the "God Knows," "Lost My Music," and "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu" joint single)

Ah! Thanks for the info! If they didn't at least release the God Knows disc at some point, I'd have to be sad. Good to know!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1