• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Blade Meridian

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Of course, some were left out: the recent Kamen Rider G is nowhere to be seen, nor is the made-for-America Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.

I can understand G being left out, as he was meant to be a parody character, but I don't know why you say that Dragon Knight is left out... He's called Ryuki in Japan and he's in the game.

I still have to get this game.
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
This is giving me flashbacks of Nerima Daikon Brothers. Poor ADV Films tried so hard to sell that.

Laughing

My first thought when I scrolled down to that pic was "Holy crap, did they really make a Nerima Daikon Brothers game!?!?!?" Glad I aint the only one...

Also, I am in the process now of arranging my cousin to hook me up with a copy of Xenoblade (its awesome having relatives that live there, quite a bit cheaper than using an import company) and have already hacked my Wii. Kinda annoying that the only Wii game to come out this year that I am interested in getting is being blocked. Oh well, Nintendo of America clearly doesn't want my business and I got no problem not giving it to them.
N.R.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:20 am Reply with quote
Todd, please stop claiming on every column that the PSP is dead. Why do you say the PSP is dead on every column only to contradict yourself by saying a new game is licensed for it (Fate/Extra, Black Rock Shooter) and ending your column with a PSP release this week from Atlus/NIS/Square Enix? Why should it be dead? We have no solid date for Vita (not in Japan nor in the U.S.), the 3DS is not very popular (yet) and Japan keeps pumping PSP games. Sure, the U.S. audience will get only 5% of these games, but that's how the PSP market has been operating for years now.
gothung

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Early previews of the game show Yosuke, Chie, and the Persona 4 protagonist alongside Algis from Persona 3, so the door's open for characters from other parts of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise.

Dude... Aigis... A-I-G-I-S.

... whew, blacked out for a second there, what hap-- Oh god... I'm such a Persona fan boy...
Son-kun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:45 am Reply with quote
Would modding my Wii to play European games affect my online service? If not, I just might do it. I really want that Xenoblade game and The Last Story.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Sega Saturn ad: Amazing how stupid American advertising was, and still can be today.

BR Shooter: I'm astonished one drawing became this venerated. This game could be a good way to kill time. It doesn't look like it'll be terribly complex.

P4 Golden: Adding a new playable character and a few other things might be incentive enough to get the game. With the release of the P4 anime coming up, it could really get fans hungry for it.

Grownlanser IV OR: I'll never get why we can't just have a whole series of RPGs localized so we can call it completed here. Gaps in these things really take all the fun out of playing them sometimes, because you know they won't bring the rest. =/

Xenoblade Chronicles: I'm tired of complaining about this. I won't say anything else on the matter.

Disgaea 4: They took a lot of trouble to hype up this latest entry into the series. I have to admit that smacking your enemy up to hit the bottom of the moon in space is about as spastic as it gets and the monster unison feature is fun for a few reasons (I throw my mushroom monster at my dragon and my dragon grows bigger, hmmm, why does that seem familiar? XP), but as usual I'll pass. The only Nippon Ichi game I'm trying to finish is Phantom Brave but even then my interest in it is being overshadowed by other RPGs I need to finish. I will say that some of the special attacks I've seen in the trailers are about as crazy awesome as it gets though.

Starfox 64 3D:
Quote:
Please do not dress up as Starfox characters when you do this.

Oh Todd, you sweet naive soul. You know people will. Twisted Evil
naninanino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Xenoblade localization is about as awful as expected, but I honestly didn't expect a Wii game to have dual audio to lessen the blow. Nice. I hope these things were mentioned too in The X Button.
skullocrasher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:38 pm Reply with quote
My knowledge of and familiarity with Nerima Daikon Brothers is somewhat nonexistent.

Thus my reaction to Rhythm Phantom Thief R was thinking that BlazBlue's Hazama would have turned out better along these lines.
TheRoyalFamily

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote
One thing not mentioned:

Persona 5 is in production.

For what system, who knows? But it is a thing.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This leaves the fourth game as the odd one out, the Final Fantasy V of the whole line.

In what way was Final Fantasy V an odd one out? I haven't played it yet.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Ah I remember those days. Who cares about the game there's a nake woman on the on the page. Pfeh, and I bet she doesn't even have blast processing. No wait that's regular Sega. Man now that's a lot of Kamen. As for a Persona 4, hey why not. If Type-Moon can have fighting games then why not the Persona series. I can see it considering how popular the characters are from each series especially 3 and 4. But we're just doing 4. I guess we ain't getting no release. Hell NO!

Speaking of 4, Disgea 4, good lord! More tactically madness. With more characters and bosses with HP in the uptidrillions.
Glad to see some work by Urushihara, I'm shocked he's still working on these series. Good to know we're getting one.

As for Star Fox 64, I would have preferred a remake of original in 3D. It just holds a special place in heart. But it's a dream, I would love to see 64 in 3D so can't wait.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
Quote:
This leaves the fourth game as the odd one out, the Final Fantasy V of the whole line.

In what way was Final Fantasy V an odd one out? I haven't played it yet.

The way it was released. 4, 5, and 6 were the SNES FFs, but they didn't bring 5 over.

They ending up releasing 5 for the Playstation... 7 years after the Japanese release. Final Fantasy 3 was actually worse. We didn't get it until 2006, 16 years after it was released in 1990.
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
That prinny hat looks adorable
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote
TheRoyalFamily wrote:
One thing not mentioned:

Persona 5 is in production.

For what system, who knows? But it is a thing.

I believe they said PS3. I was a little disappointed that a seems P5 is still a way off, but P4 Golden and the fighting game have me intrigued enough that I think I can wait. Smile

And Xenoblade, Todd? WHY MUST YOU KEEP DIGGING THE WOUNDS DEEPER?! Smile
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Funny to see that ad again after reading through several feminist/anti-sexism gaming blogs over the past week.

http://gomakemeasandwich.wordpress.com/
http://boobsdontworkthatway.tumblr.com/
And
http://womenfighters.tumblr.com/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2