• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Follow-Up: Adult Swim to Rerun Eureka 7's Finale

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeXT_Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quote
That's good to hear.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Well well [AS] looks like you don't hate your fans....good to know that your listening to your fans. At least there appears to be some hope that the final episodes might make a return run on the fix.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Ah, see? It all works out in the end. Smile
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
and i hear i thought they would respond with some snide remark... of course there's still time for that in the cards.

still, this is good news.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Some of you may still have some issues with it, but this is the best that we are allowed to show.
Does that sound ominous to anyone else? Exactly what wouldn't they be allowed to show? Confused

It certainly sounds like the folks at [adult swim] are trying to rectify their mistake. (Nice to know that Kim Manning has some pull and is willing to use it for our benefit and not just to keep fanservice levels low.) Still, I think they should all take note of the fact that fans, to put it mildly, feel that they are somewhat unappreciated.

The fact that they felt it necessary to say specifically "I hope you guys know that we would never butcher a show just to mess with you" seems to indicate that maybe some of the fan complaints were accusing them of exactly that.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Quote:
Some of you may still have some issues with it, but this is the best that we are allowed to show.
Does that sound ominous to anyone else? Exactly what wouldn't they be allowed to show? Confused

my guess is they're still gonna cut the opening monologue. it sucks, but i could at least tolerate that.

of course fans think they don't care. remember the numerous cards? the april fools incident? it wouldn't surprise me if this contributed to the ratings decline.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
of course fans think they don't care. remember the numerous cards? the april fools incident? it wouldn't surprise me if this contributed to the ratings decline.
Oh I remember and I agree. I wasn't trying to make any statement intended to go "oh why would fans think [as] doesn't like them?" I'm actually quite surprised to see that maybe that actually DO like us.

Maybe if they'd actually do a poll or something and ask if fans "like" their little jokes, they'd realize that most of us would appreciate it greatly if they'd knock it off. To be honest, I'm shocked that it's taken them this long to even show a sign of possibly noticing that we don't like their antics. Surely they've had complaints before now.

I can live without the monologue, but the epilogue is a must-have. You can't flash a "1 year later" message on the screen then cut to the end credits.
herbkir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see AS still listens to anime fans, and is willing to own up to the fact they screwed up by running a re-edited make-good May 5. The Merrill & Manning team do care, it seems, so the death of anime on Adult Swim "may be greatly exaggerated." I'm planning to watch it. (^_*)
linlinchan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Oh I remember and I agree. I wasn't trying to make any statement intended to go "oh why would fans think [as] doesn't like them?" I'm actually quite surprised to see that maybe that actually DO like us.

Maybe if they'd actually do a poll or something and ask if fans "like" their little jokes, they'd realize that most of us would appreciate it greatly if they'd knock it off.

Last time I checked, the ANN forums did not contain all, or even most of Adult Swim's fans in general. I think there are plenty of people out there that enjoy the irreverant attitute that the company takes towards programming and tv.

On the other hand, you do realize that it's precisely this "Anime is SERIOUS BUSINESS" attitude that sort of causes causal viewers and non-fans to make fun of hardcore fans, do you not?
Kirra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
I can live without the monologue, but the epilogue is a must-have. You can't flash a "1 year later" message on the screen then cut to the end credits.

Phew! It said "1 year later"? That's great. I thought it said "The End" I was pretty bummed after seeing that. Anyways, the monologue isn't a big deal for me either. You can pretty much assume what went on. The End, however, tears me apart to not know.
Mydogblaze
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Richard J."]
v1cious wrote:
That made me really P/O!!!
Intranetusa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
There are a lot of over-reactions...but some of it is justifiable considering Adult Swim cut out the entire epilogue of the finale, when most fans have been watching this series for over a year since it first premiered.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Well good. I was out of town Saturday night and screwed up the programing of my VCR and thus missed everything. In doing so I also missed this whole mess, so maybe that's a good thing. Ah well, now I can see the ending.

I'm wondering what their bumps are going to say next week... They'll probably show a bunch of the hate mail they've received.
Intranetusa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quote
DemonEyesLeo wrote:
Well good. I was out of town Saturday night and screwed up the programing of my VCR and thus missed everything. In doing so I also missed this whole mess, so maybe that's a good thing. Ah well, now I can see the ending.

I'm wondering what their bumps are going to say next week... They'll probably show a bunch of the hate mail they've receive.

You're lucky then... Very Happy
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quote
It's nice that they are trying to fix this, but they whole "alloed" part does bother me. "allowed" by whom? Bandai? Was this some stunt on their part to drive up DVD sales? If so I hope it does just the opposite for them, that's not cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3