• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gia's List: 8 Awesome Americans in Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote
The wreckage that is prominently show near the end of The Big O certainly does suggest that it took place in the New York City metro area of a very dark future.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Some years ago,I read a review on this website about an anime called "GUNXSWORD." If I remember the review right it said is that it tried to appeal to an American audience but didn't do it right. Sadly,it didn't take lessons from shows like "Big O,""Trigun,"and the third and fourth seasons of "Bakugan."
But that's not the only way to appeal to an American audience. One way to do it is to have an American character resemble another character from an anime that was popular here. One example is another anime that was reviewed here years ago called "Magical Witch Punie-chan." The sequel could some American exchange students that show up at Punie's school. One of them is called Serena Starr. What very few know is that she is an American magical girl named Star Maiden,a popular superheroine. She also happens to resemble Sailor Moon. She also does speeches like Sailor Moon does but she also manages to defeat Punie in their battles. Don't forget,"Sailor Moon" was a popular anime here for many years so I'm hoping they do that.

Another idea is for any light-hearted giant robot show. They could have America invaded by aliens in giant robots that look like pokemon. And it could have the Japanese help the American fight the invaders. Again,"Pokemon" is still being shown on American television to this day. It could also be a little bit of revenge by Japanese producers for all the time Hollywood has portrayed Tokyo as being under constant attack by giant monsters.
Oh,and there's something I forgot to mention. The third and fourth seasons of "Bakugan" take place in a fictional California city called Bayview. They also have a goofy guy named Jake as one of their teammates. He didn't seem to have too much upstairs,but he was a nice guy and I liked him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6