• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sankarea Zombie Comedy Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
My glorious Zombie Saten is getting animated? Alright!
TheNextGenOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I actually liked this manga BUT I thought that the fanservice was unnecesary. I'm not a prude or anything, but I thought that the idea of a zombie rom-com was enough to keep my interest without constant shower scenes and panty shots.

Still really excited though
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote
good manga, don't know if there's enough material for a good anime though, it really didn't take that long to read 19 or so chapters, unless theres more i couldnt find
also, people should have caught on by now the japanese idea of zombies is slightly different to the western view of them, with the exception of Highschool of the Dead, they are generally just strong humans that are dead and can reattach limbs that fall off (Kore wa Zombie Desuka?) etc. They don't generally go with the mindless husks that want to eat your innards route since they can't really be main characters in the story
Eric10301

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Zombies have been making a big come back the past few years.
TOMY_25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:28 pm Reply with quote
really excited to hear this news!!! hope the anime will be as good as the manga!! Very Happy
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:57 am Reply with quote
TheNextGenOtaku wrote:
I actually liked this manga BUT I thought that the fanservice was unnecesary. I'm not a prude or anything, but I thought that the idea of a zombie rom-com was enough to keep my interest without constant shower scenes and panty shots.

Still really excited though

Oh boy, we're gonna have more people complaining about ecchi in an ecchi anime like HotD, huh?
Sorrior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:29 am Reply with quote
I've been waiting for this myself. Nice to see it REALLY getting a series instead of just being a troll on those "upcoming series lists". Oh and yeah try reading the manga before judging.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:20 am Reply with quote
Surprisingly this is not the first human+Zombie romcom I've seen. Not even the 2ed. I seen like 4 or 5. 1 or 2 of them were ero-manga with a "romantic" story.
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quote
People gotta recall that some aspects of the zombie genre are a little different in american culture than in Japan.
Most American zombies are portrayed either as you would say, Resident Evil/Dawn of the Dead/ Left 4 Dead ect.

Some aspects of the genre in Japan also uses that theme.
Who could forget High School of the Dead recently, but then also recently and not so recent you have Kore wa Zombie desu ka? and let's take the other slight comedy of Sid in the Soul Eater Series.

For me, i'm glad to see they're taking this series and putting it to anime as it gives another twist to the genre itself more than most the culture typically thinks. And let's face it, things get more publicised through anime in america than manga/light novel. Wink
evilsnipertom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quote
A zombie is a reanimated corpse, I don't see why everyone assumes it's something that will eat you alive xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2