• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ojamajo Doremi Gets Light Novel Sequel Set in High School

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I loved the Ojamajo Doremi series back in the day.. wouldn't mind a new anime based on these light novels. We need a reunion of the little witches.
skyechan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote
*blinks dumbfounded* Totally unexpected but I am so all for this! Will definitely buy a copy if I can find it online.

spoiler[A bit puzzled though how they're going to bring the girls back together since Hazuki went to a different middle school, Aiko went to Osaka, Onpu's busy with being an idol, and Momoko went to America. If I'm remembering DOKKAAN's ending correctly... Even more puzzling would be how they give the girls magic back. Guess Hana-chan figured something out back in Majokai.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
this seems a little unnecessary, but I can dig it I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Wow certainly does bring back memories for me =) I remember when I was like 8 or 9 and I was watching this =P
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
OMFG this is soo awesome! What I wouldn't give for a new anime too to knock out Pretty cure! This made my day!!!

It is not unnecessary >.>
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quote
OOOOOHHHHHH MMMMMMMYYYY FRRRRRIGGGGINNNN GODDDD!!! I'm sooo excited! Once this is avaliable on Kinokuniya, I'm ordering it!!! Wow, Doremi got pretty! I wonder if she's dating Kotake!
minakichan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I could actually get behind this. I always thought it'd be interesting to explore what a magical girl does after she grows up (although I imagine this isn't like that at all) (also not counting Nanoha or Sailor Moon, because I mean more like "what is it like to return to normalcy afterwards").
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Wow, Doremi got pretty! I wonder if she's dating Kotake!

Now I wonder if we'll see other characters like Reika or Seki..

I wonder if this will keep the more slice-of-life angle or go for a more PreCure angle.
EricDent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:23 am Reply with quote
Is Magical DoReMi even on anymore?
I saw it a couple of years ago, but it was on at a really early time (like 6 AM).
Maybe this will help usher in another slew of Magical Girl shows (though apparently Madoka kind of did that already).
skyechan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:
Wow, Doremi got pretty! I wonder if she's dating Kotake!

Now I wonder if we'll see other characters like Reika or Seki..

I wonder if this will keep the more slice-of-life angle or go for a more PreCure angle.

It'd be great to hear about the other characters. (And I agree about Kotake; I always did think they were a great pairing.)

I'm curious as well. That was one of the more interesting things about Doremi was its focus on slice-of-life "let's solve the problems of our classmates" aspect. It's very unusual (I think) the amount of character development side characters received in the show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1