• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Atlus USA Announces Growlanser: Heritage of War for PlayStation 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
I just love this series, I enjoyed Growlanser 2+3 that were released three years ago and heard about the sequels that followed in Japan, I'm glad that Atlus is finally going to release them in English.

The plot in this series isn't as deep as say Xenosaga nor as hilarious as Disgaea, but the political intrigue that the series always reveloved around is entertaining enough and building relationships with other party members to get a certain ending is addicting. The strategic gameplay is quite solid and I loved how winning battles depends on accomplishing a certain objective rather than wiping out all the enemies on the screen like the deal was in Final Fantasy Tactics. SRPG fans should check it out.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:46 am Reply with quote
What I'd like to know is, is this 1 or 4? As Raven said, I also have the Growlanser Generations set from the now defunct Working Designs, which was games 2 and 3. And I believe they are up to number 5 or 6 in Japan. I could be wrong, but albeit, it's nice to see more of this series coming stateside Smile.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
What I'd like to know is, is this 1 or 4? As Raven said, I also have the Growlanser Generations set from the now defunct Working Designs, which was games 2 and 3. And I believe they are up to number 5 or 6 in Japan. I could be wrong, but albeit, it's nice to see more of this series coming stateside Smile.

It's the fifth game. It's a shame Atlus doesn't seem to have any plans to release Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time; according to the JP reviews, it seems to be one of the best Growlanser games Sad

I hope this game will sell well none the less to guarantee an English release of the sixtrh game and let's hope they would release the first game on the PSP or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1