• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Licenses 4 Gonzo Titles Including Pumpkin Scissors

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Alright ADV Pumpkin Scissors is decent, well it depends if there another season of this show. And I might actually check out the manga if it comes to that, seeing as how Pumpkin Scissors has a lot of potential and the characters are quite interesting to say the least. Red Garden had some really interesting episodes and now that it's going to be available I am going to wait for DVD. And I can't wait to finally check out Welcome to the NHK, and soon to come Welcome to the NBC. Great news way to go ADV!

As for Magikano it's not really my thing but I am sure that there is plenty of people that want to see this series.

Last edited by Deltakiral on Fri May 11, 2007 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ask John
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Magikano was animated by Tokyo Kids. I can't find any references to Gonzo having any involvement in the production.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I've been wanting to see all 4 of these series. I'd just been putting it off because I'm watching some much other great stuff right now. Nice job, ADV!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Ask John wrote:
Magikano was animated by Tokyo Kids. I can't find any references to Gonzo having any involvement in the production.

I was wondering that myself. I didn't think it was a Gonzo title. I still plan on buying it regardless who animated it.
*edit* looks like its been updated on the main news page as not being a GOnzo title
Klampo

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Red Garden isnt about vampires???
dark'angel

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Klampo wrote:
Red Garden isnt about vampires???

Either ANN is mistaken that this anime is about vampires or ADV Films is mistaken. This anime does not contain a single vampire reference from what I have seen from this anime.

Last edited by dark'angel on Fri May 11, 2007 4:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quote
dark'angel wrote:
Either ANN is mistaken this anime about vampires or ADV Films is mistaken. This anime does not contain a single trace of things relating to vampires from what I have seen from this anime.

I am not that far into the series but I also didn't notice any vampire in this series either. Do you think they mean to say butterfly? Since that's really the only think I can think of.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I looked up the Wikipedia article on Red Garden and it doesn't mention vampires at all. The synopsis in ANN's encyclopedia entry doesn't mention vampires either. ADV also doesn't mention vampires in the press release, so perhaps ANN just has the wrong idea in the news posting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
testorschoice

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Actually, ADV's press release mentions vampires twice for Red Garden.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quote
i knew for sure they would get Red Garden and NHK... but i'm surprised about Pumpkin Scissors.

where in the world is everyone getting that Red Garden is about vampires?

Last edited by v1cious on Fri May 11, 2007 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:

Oh, the PR on ANN does mention vampires. I didn't realize that. The PR on advfilms.com does not mention vampires at all, however.

http://www.advfilms.com/Films_PRDetails.asp?ID=1904

EDIT: The PR on advfilms.com uses the terms "supernatural" and "horror" in place of the two usages "vampire" in the PR on ANN.
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quote
There is not a single hint of vampires in the entire Red Garden series. Admittedly, early on in the series, it did look like that's where things might be going, but the supernatural-ish beings turned out to not be vampires, and really, not even similar to vampires. I suppose you could make an argument for spoiler[the girls being undead,] but they are still not vampires at all. Unless vampires drink lemon juice in the world of Red Garden…

Red Garden was very, very good and had me impressed from the first episode to the last. Pumpkin scissors was slow to start but shaped up to be a good series. I'm really hoping for a second season because the series kind of built up into something great and ended in the middle of nowhere. It's great that these two have a chance to be seen by a wider audience!

Welcome to the NHK! Just wasn't my thing, I guess. There were a handful of good episodes, but for some reason, I just didn't like the series as much as the average person seemed to.

Last edited by cardcaptormanda on Sat May 12, 2007 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Awesome they took my advice and got Pumpkin Scissors! I was pleasantly surprised to see NHK in the list as well. Red Garden I have no clue about - maybe I know it by another name... Hmmm... Maybe I am thinking about the Dead Girls OVA...

Anyway, thats all good for ADV! I am a big fan of Pumpkin Scissors and NHK, so I am looking forward to reading the manga!
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
i knew for sure they would get Red Garden and NHK... but i'm surprised about Pumpkin Scissors.

I thought it was probably a package deal if ya want these two ya also have to get this too...I mean Trinity Blood, Speed Grapher, Desert Punk and Basilisk all did well so it's not too surprising that they are announced. I guess that means were not getting Monster...... Crying or Very sad
testorschoice

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
testorschoice wrote:

Oh, the PR on ANN does mention vampires. I didn't realize that. The PR on advfilms.com does not mention vampires at all, however.

http://www.advfilms.com/Films_PRDetails.asp?ID=1904

EDIT: The PR on advfilms.com uses the terms "supernatural" and "horror" in place of the two usages "vampire" in the PR on ANN.

Weird, and AnimeOnDVD.com says "vampire" on its version of ADV's PR, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4