• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Poll: Most Anticipated New Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enjeru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I am rather suprised not to see Nana on that list. After one of the episodes aired in Japan, there was mention that it was going to make its way to the States, however that is the last I have heard. Maybe there will be word about it at one of the Summer cons.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
Also, do you seriously think you can't sell a show by slapping "From the director of Fullmetal Alchemist" on it?

Isn't that exactly what Bandai Visual is planning to do with Freedom, and then charge 3 times as much for it. Rolling Eyes. But don't worry if you have your HD-DVD player hookup to the internet you can get extra special feature......thanks.
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Enjeru wrote:
I am rather suprised not to see Nana on that list. After one of the episodes aired in Japan, there was mention that it was going to make its way to the States, however that is the last I have heard. Maybe there will be word about it at one of the Summer cons.

Nana actually was from spring 2006. This poll was out of the new batch from spring 2007
Enjeru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:
Enjeru wrote:

Nana actually was from spring 2006. I think this poll was out of the new batch from spring 2007

I actually just thought of that after I made my post, but then the server was acting up and I couldn't get back in until now.
I haven't had the chance to watch much of the 07 crop of anime.....hopefully I can do so between semesters.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drowning_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quote
So much series so little time! And for once since I can't remember when, I really feel the need to watch some anime, don't get me wrong, I am a fan, but most of the time I start shows without great conviction (I do almost nothing with conviction, I am a very lazy guy after all) or I almost need to have written insurance that I'll like the show so I won't lose my precious time. But as my time is getting more and more rare, the need is growing; Moonlight Miles, Romeo X Juliet, Bokurano, Guardian of the Sacred Spirit, Claymore, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, Heroic Age and a bunch of others that aren't in the preview guide are what I languish to see.

Anyway, even with my busy schedules I have seen;

Darker than BLACK, a really neat, atmospheric and interesting show, though there is a little something that prevent it to get my vote (don't ask me what it is, I don't even know myself).

Lucky Star, fun and occasionally very endearing but sincerely I don't think it is anything really special or worth getting excited over.

Hayate the Combat Butler, I am a big fan of the manga, Hayate's over-the top and full of parodies humor completely charmed me. The characters are also super likable. Here goes my vote.
Sorceresspol

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:39 pm Reply with quote
This has been a good season of anime. The new anime keeps me busy during the week, and I'm not as desperate waiting for new episodes of Bleach and Naruto as I usually am. That's big for me since the filler has ended for both shows. Kaze no Stigma, Romeo x Juliet, and Hayate the Combat Butler have been my favorites. It was hard to choose between them, but I broke down and voted for Romeo x Juliet. I thought only a weird hopeless romantic like me would love the show, so I didn't expect it to get many votes. Looks like I was wrong. Laughing
Panon

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Tentatively voted for Bokurano. It's great, but it's inevitably going to crash and burn when Gonzo ruins it like they've ruined every other adaption of an incomplete manga they've ever done.

Even then I'm only voting it because Nanoha Strikers wasn't included in the season preview or poll.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen any of the Spring Preview list, but I will be watching a bunch at my local upcoming anime convention. I am looking forward to trying out Darker Than BLACK first (what I voted for; and people seemed pleased by this one the most), followed closely by Claymore and Hayate. I'm reading the Hayate manga right now, and it's hilarious. I hope the anime is just as good. I need a good new comedy anime to replace Yakitate, Azumanga, and Ouran.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quote
Darker than Black has "license me" written all over it. The concept, the atmosphere, the action, the solid production value, all very appealing and would fare well with an R1 audience.

Plus, it's like a Gonzo show except Gonzo isn't there to ruin it...and speaking from experience it seems like a great number of Gonzo shows could've been the greatest thing ever judging from the premise, if only it wasn't a Gonzo show...
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
I voted for Darker than BLACK. It seems interesting, I think I'll check it out. Realistically though, im not THAT excited about anything from those options.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Plus, it's like a Gonzo show except Gonzo isn't there to ruin it...

Hahahahaha! Oh my god, that's the best thing I've read all week. Thanks for the laugh.

I voted Gurren-Lagann since Denno Coil is too recent to be included on the list. I have to say, though, my gut reeeeeally wanted to vote for Lucky Star. I'm in love with that show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:54 am Reply with quote
Someone mentioned Kamichama Karin earlier in this thread. I think there's a high chance of that getting licensed and I couldn't think of any company other than Geneon licensing it.

I really would like to see progress on the production of more Strike Witches and Sky Girls (but those appear to be depending on more R2 DVD sales in order for them to be even produced as a series).
ZaWarudo

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:32 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Someone mentioned Kamichama Karin earlier in this thread. I think there's a high chance of that getting licensed and I couldn't think of any company other than Geneon licensing it.

I really would like to see progress on the production of more Strike Witches and Sky Girls (but those appear to be depending on more R2 DVD sales in order for them to be even produced as a series).

Are you sure you're not hoping for Pico to Chico to be licensed? LOL

I voted for Gurren Lagann because it's HOT BLOODED.
Invader_Spooch

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:02 am Reply with quote
Romeooooo x Julliieettt

So good.
TheShadow99

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:18 am Reply with quote
While I'm watching everything out this season (in fact their are so many shows I've forgotten the names of some of them), I voted for Heroic Age... There hasn't been a solid action series with a sci-fi twist in far to long to get licensed (I'm excluding Gundam Seed when I say this as I never cared for Gundam in any form), so it gets my vote...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5