• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Digimon TV Series to Assemble Franchise's Heroes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwydion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote
Ugh, dang you, Xros Wars! Now I'm going to have to watch the new season, even if we do just get cameos. Even if we get just a glimpse of Tai, Matt, Takuya, Kouji, and Ryo, I'll be satisfied. I'm hoping they aren't referring to the digimon (though they can be there too) simply because we've already gotten those cameos, whether as DigiMemories or side characters.

Oh Digimon, I wish I knew how to quit you...
digiboy123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but that one floating on the balloons kinda looks like a redesigned Impmon. I guess if spoiler[Damemon can be reborn for the new season so can Beelzebumon]. Having a new Gabumon certainly will make it interesting when some of the kids return in episodes.

Emerje

The one floating on the balloons is a Digimon like Gatomon/Tailmon. Could actually be Tailmon, or perhaps a variant as the Gabumon-like Digimon pictured is actually Psychemon, which is Gabumon with a different color variation x.x

Actually, guys, that Digimon is Opossummon. I knew right off the bat from where I collected the cards years ago. I don't know why they blacked him out though, it's not a new Digimon. =.= Looking forward to see what they do with him though.

[/img]
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote
One word comes to mind when I saw this news: NERDGASM!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

I've always had a soft spot for Digimon ever since it aired back in 1999 when I was in Junior High. I've been big fan of the series ever since and I love all of the characters shown in each season now we get a moment where all of the leaders of last 5 seasons before Xros Wars are coming together! A fan's dream come true! I wonder that would work.

Either way, they already got my attention and I can't wait to see how it goes!
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:43 am Reply with quote
I should have kept up with this. Do they mean the human leads, or Agumon, V-mon, Guilmon, and I guess Agnimon? Anyone caught up, how would they take the past leads and put them here? They all in live in different universes.
digiboy123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:47 am Reply with quote
Well considering the title Hunter Through Time, I wouldn't doubt they visit other Digimon universes. It's untelling what's going to happen!
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see Xros Wars make it here, especially with this season. If done right we could see Digimon becoming popular, probably not as much as back in the day but it might catch on.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote
digiboy123 wrote:
Actually, guys, that Digimon is Opossummon. I knew right off the bat from where I collected the cards years ago. I don't know why they blacked him out though, it's not a new Digimon. =.= Looking forward to see what they do with him though.

Cool, thanks! just looked it up on the Digimon Wiki (why didn't I do this first?) and got a good look at Dracumon, he's a rather creepy looking one, looking forward to seeing his design for the show.

Also just read that the title is translated to "The Boy Hunters Who Leapt Through Time" (aren't two of the characters girls?). ANN rarely translates titles anymore. I guess that explains the cameos.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Xros Wars just got so much more epic. Even if it's just the goggleheads from each season, it will be entirely worth it to see them again.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Also just read that the title is translated to "The Boy Hunters Who Leapt Through Time" (aren't two of the characters girls?). ANN rarely translates titles anymore. I guess that explains the cameos.

Well, perhaps the new characters are "hunting" the protags of the previous series, which were all boys?

Gah, I'm gonna catch up on the show ASAP.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 pm Reply with quote
what there going bring past digimon characters?

from the following

digimon (1999)
digimon 02 (2000)
tamers (2001)
frontier (2002)
savers (2006)

with current batch indeed this now onore decade & gokaiger idea doing on it got wonder who they bring back for it?
Dune

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I will be ecstatic if any of the characters from Tamers appear. Long overdue, IMO.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quote
Ryasha wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
NakamuraYumeko wrote:
I wonder if they'll bring it to the US?

I highly doubt it

Some test dubs have been made by William Winckler Prouductions, commisioned by Toei, to see if the series would be worth bringing over (which they say were met with positive reception) and they licensed "Digimon Fusion Battles" and "Digimon Xros Wars" a while ago for the US so I wouldn't "highly doubt" it comes over just....more of a being sceptical type of thing.

The whole "past generation main characters" returning thing makes me think of Kamen Rider Decade and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.....so...would this be the Digimon version of them?

In any case, all I want to know is if Ryo Akiyama will show up in this new season/series/whatever the heck it is. I know he wasn't a main character of an anime but he at least had those 4 wonderswan games.

You just made my day, mate.

The director of Tamers helmming this, along with the possibility of past heroes returning? I am SO on board.
population_tire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Now if the US would get season DVDs...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2