• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tiger & Bunny 'Super Event' to Be Held on November 13

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote
There;s no way this event isn't about a second season. The series ended on a cliffhanger. Plus we all know how above and beyond Sunrise's expectations it did...
LauraOrganaSolo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Show of the season, all seasons.
streexanime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
There;s no way this event isn't about a second season. The series ended on a cliffhanger. Plus we all know how above and beyond Sunrise's expectations it did...

Sunrise will do anything to cash in on a series.

Provided the writer's can keep doing what they're doing and keep too much of Sunrise's meddlings out of it(the higher ups that is), it should be a decent sequel.
Aara123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:30 am Reply with quote
With the amount of sales they've had, there's no way they aren't going to do a second season, or at least a movie.
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote
Personally I think a movie would be a much more reasonable way to finish the series since most of the main characters issue had been resolved so the only remaining plot threads that needs more elaboration are spoiler[Yuri and Ourobouros]. While I absolutely adore Tiger & Bunny Sunrise does not have a particularly good track record for second seasons.

That said, I wouldn't mind them releasing extra OVAs about Rock Bison and Fire Emblem. Given Rock Bison's surprising popularity in Japan it doesn't seem particularly impossible.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quote
I will state that Tiger and Bunny really doesn't have the warning signs that My-hime, Gundam Seed Destiny, Code Geass, and Gundam 00 had.

My-Hime: Bizarre mixture of comedy and drama which never mixed well (it was either pure comedy or pure drama nothing in between). Akira Ishida's character did little in the first half except read a book.
Gundam Seed Destiny: First few battles where all flash and no real substance. Compare the raid of armory one with the Raid on Heliopolis.
Code Geass: By the end of season 1 we already had a mind numbingly stupid plot twist involving Euphemia, and the table humping scene.
Gundam 00: The first season didn't have outstanding battles and Celestial Being where some of the least interesting characters in the series.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
I will state that Tiger and Bunny really doesn't have the warning signs that My-hime, Gundam Seed Destiny, Code Geass, and Gundam 00 had.

It's true that none of those shows have much in common with Tiger & Bunny, but I don't even think it's a matter of warning signs or anything of the sort. They're all very different and do not share ideas and structures nor flaws and virtues to begin with. Just as well, the importance of about half the things you've mentioned is variable and further details would provide a lot of room for different assessments from series to series. Let's just say not everyone will agree with your diagnosis of those aspects and what they mean for each show.

Instead of dragging this discussion into a debate about any of those issues, however, the point I really want to make is that we all know Sunrise wants to make money. Tiger & Bunny, like many of those shows, seems to be a successful product. We expect that Sunrise will naturally attempt to replicate and increase the profits of this success.

If the company and its sponsors are going to provide more resources, they will likely try to increase their suggestions and demands this time around. After all, they must protect their investments. The question is: are the creators of Tiger & Bunny capable of incorporating Sunrise's requirements into the type of story they want to tell, without making too many mistakes or misjudgments in the process?

I'd like to believe they can, and fortunately this particular type of show seems to have a more flexible format than some of the other productions. I may not agree with all of your descriptions and opinions concerning those other shows, but I do think the existence of an imbalance is undeniable. Hopefully we can avoid or reduce it this time. Of course, I'm saying this without having actually finished watching all of Tiger & Bunny myself, but I've still enjoyed it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1