• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kingdom Hearts/BRS/FF Writer Nojima's New Work Previewed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MetatronM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
Kingdom Hearts, FF VIII, X, X-2, Last Order, and Advent Children?

What an amazing resume of clusterfuck bullshit writing. Very Happy
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Well this is interesting.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Is schools with guns the next big thing? Sure we've always had the occasional student gunslinger, but Angel Beats! might have created a monster with the whole "school army" thing. I guess Aria The Scarlet Ammo didn't bury the concept after all, hopefully this isn't nearly as bad as Aria.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alexis.Anagram

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:

Haven't played FF VIII (for shame) or Last Order, but could FFX really be considered a clusterfuck? The story seemed pretty straightforward and comprehensible to me; yeah, there was twist towards the end, but it made sense and I consider it one of the best written FF games so far. And the KH series always gets a bad rap for being hard to follow, but I feel that's more because it's spread out over so many different consoles, with each game containing a high level of continuity. Yeah, some of the plot developments are really forced, but otherwise it's nothing unprecedented, especially coming out of Japan. From what I can tell, Advent Children only didn't make sense if you hadn't played/didn't know the plot of FFVII, but it was a direct sequel so what can you expect?

Can't argue about FFX-2, that game was whack.
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Alexis.Anagram wrote:
MetatronM wrote:

Haven't played FF VIII (for shame) or Last Order, but could FFX really be considered a clusterfuck? The story seemed pretty straightforward and comprehensible to me; yeah, there was twist towards the end, but it made sense and I consider it one of the best written FF games so far. And the KH series always gets a bad rap for being hard to follow, but I feel that's more because it's spread out over so many different consoles, with each game containing a high level of continuity. Yeah, some of the plot developments are really forced, but otherwise it's nothing unprecedented, especially coming out of Japan. From what I can tell, Advent Children only didn't make sense if you hadn't played/didn't know the plot of FFVII, but it was a direct sequel so what can you expect?

Can't argue about FFX-2, that game was whack.

I think you totally nailed it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1