• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kodocha DVD 12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm afraid that I'm guilty of falling behind in this series. I have yet to watch volumes 10 and 11. This is one of my all-time favorite series and it does make me worry that Funi has not picked up the remainder of it.

I think I'll be buying volume 12 sooner rather than later and I'll even go ahead and put in a pre-order for 13 at Funi's Z-Store. That'll show some support Anime exclamation
championferret

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:52 am Reply with quote
Wait wait wait, if the dub has such an 'error' in it, why on earth does it have the same grade as the sub?
bci110

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:22 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
If you are enough of a fan of Kodocha to follow the series this far, then volume 12 will offer you a lot to like, as good humor, quality dramatic content, and key story developments highlight another satisfying volume. At the time of this writing FUNimation has not confirmed that the series beyond the end of the second season (volume 13/ep 52) will be picked up, so get out there and buy your copy to help convince them that more needs to be licensed!

...which in my case will be very difficult to do since Best Buy won't carry Kodocha in their B&M stores. I'm hoping that FUNi will make a final decision as to what they're going to do with Kodocha very soon (maybe by AX). Whenever they decide, it would be great for the fans if some closure was revealed. I would like to see them finish releasing the series, even if it means releasing the second half in a box set or only having Japanese-language tracks (as was the case for the second season of SuperGALS). I don't care either way. I managed to buy the first 6 volumes, but I purchased them at conventions. I can't find the other volumes anywhere at the Best Buys in my area (someone told me that they're only available at their on-line store only). I don't want to have to sell or trade the Kodocha DVDs that I have knowing that there will be no way for me to finish watching this series if FUNi decides to pull the plug on Sana and the gang.
daedelus

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quote
bci110:

Do you have an aversion to online retailers? I would recommend Funi's Z-Store. It would be like directly supporting the show if you buy the remaining volumes there.

As for the dub grade. I'm only guessing here, but I believe the grade is for the dub performances and not the translation.

That's my guess.
bci110

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Do you have an aversion to online retailers? I would recommend Funi's Z-Store. It would be like directly supporting the show if you buy the remaining volumes there.

No, but I have to limit my on-line spending because of the Ohio Used Tax that our state government imposed on us a few years ago. We're required by state law to report sales tax on any online purchases that we made over the year in which the retailer doesn't charge sales tax on the items. Last year I spent over $1,000.00 in online purshases, which translates to $79.50 in taxes that I had to report to our state government.
daedelus

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
daedelus wrote:

No, but I have to limit my on-line spending because of the Ohio Used Tax that our state government imposed on us a few years ago. We're required by state law to report sales tax on any online purchases that we made over the year in which the retailer doesn't charge sales tax on the items. Last year I spent over $1,000.00 in online purshases, which translates to $79.50 in taxes that I had to report to our state government.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Personally, I think Kodocha is worth it, but I understand how it could be a difficult decision if, like me, there are dozens and dozens of volumes that I'm destined to buy this year alone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1