• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3 Anime Themes in May 20-27's Top Singles in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote
aluria wrote:
Oh, can't believe the theme for Lucky Star made it so high. It's a decent song but not THAT decent...

they need something to hang onto in Haruhi's absence.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quote
i bought lucky op single, but i still haven't receive it yet.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:31 am Reply with quote
Kagami-chan wrote:
Personally, I like "Motteke! Sailor Fuku" as well as the other songs mentioned in the article. Some of my other favorite songs from this season are: the Romeo x Juliet opening "Inori ~You Raise Me Up~" by Lena Park, the Idolmaster Xenoglossia opening "Binetsu S.O.S!!" by Miyuki Hashimoto, and the sola opening "colorless wind" by Aira Yuki. Also, I like the themes that Yui Horie did for Nagasarete Airantou and the Darker Than Black ending theme "Tsukiakari" by Rie Fu.

This list also brings up something else I've noticed recently. Male singers have it damn tough scoring hits with the anime crowd these days. Rugged good looks and charismatic performances will be beaten out by cute dresses and meek smiles in fans eyes any day of the week. The same can be said of how tough male Seiyuu have it as well.

There's a definite gender bias in how the popular songs are ranked these days The only way to succeed as a male in the anime industry these days seems to be that they have to have been established before the idol trend kicked in, and even then it's still an uphill battle.

Look at the anime blogs, listings and rankings and it always seems to be about the latest female seiyuu/idol exploit, while the males never get any regard or praise for their efforts. I wish this would change, but I just don't see it happening.
W-General

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:56 am Reply with quote
My wholehearted congratulations to Lucky Star, trust me, if I could buy one to help it bump up its place on the Oricon chart, I'd do it too.

Speaking from the perspective as one of the thousands of Lucky Star fans out there:

The song is ok, it's not great. It's fairly catchy, but it's not "kami" level.
The point is, we (we as in the otaku subculture) want to push the name Lucky Star and the name Hirano Aya to the point of public recognition - put them in a spotlight where non-otaku will take notice, like what we did for Hirano Aya and Hare Hare Yukai and Suzumiya Haruhi.

And it worked wonders. Second place? That's awesome! The highest Hirano Aya ever got last year was 5th place for Hare Hare Yukai and 5th place for "Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsumeawase" (the single CD with God Knows and Lost My Music - those you gotta admit, are QUALITY music).

I suspect that she'll be appearing again on one of those music talkshow programs on TV like she did last year.

If only it was 1st place, that'd be truly an uproar.
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote
I liked the op to lucky star. If the reset of the show was half as good as the op it would be worth watching
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quote
Heh, I thought the opening theme for Lucky Star would be very popular... And their website and radio show also adds to the popularity too. I love that show...

They would never be able to bring it here to the US - it shows girls being human too much - the religious nuts would go crazy...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2