• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 TV Series Announced for October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote
UltimaShadowfax wrote:
What's with all the SEED bashing? 0_o

So is Gundam 00 going to replace To Terra when it's finished?

I believe so reading the article.....
Quote:
The series will air at 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays (after Toward the Terra ends in that timeslot) starting in October 2007

Also you've never noticed that if you try to talk about any Gundam that isn't UC related then your considered an idiot for liking anything but that timeline. It's nothing new really I think it got out of control when Gundam Wing became ultra popular back in the Toonami days.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Thank god it's not another CE era series. I don't think I could have handled any more of that garbage. I have a feeling I won't regret giving this one a chance, since it's directed by the same director as Fullmetal Alchemist. Although, I would prefer another Universal Century series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they finally released new info on the next TV series. And I'm glad they are, apparently, letting the CE timeline die (other than the movie supposedly coming out). After Destiny, I don't think I can enjoy anything that takes place after it.

I'm a bit wary of the premise, but I'll certainly give it a try. It's a Gundam series, so I can't NOT at least give it a chance. It can't be worse than GSD.... can it? Maybe this series can redeem my faith in the franchise. The FMA director is in charge and he is clearly capable, I think its more a matter of whether the higher ups let him do what he wants with the story or whether thy force him to change things for the sake of merchandise sales.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Thank god it's not another CE era series. I don't think I could have handled any more of that garbage. I have a feeling I won't regret giving this one a chance, since it's directed by the same director as Fullmetal Alchemist. Although, I would prefer another Universal Century series.

I didn't even realize that until you pointed it out, damn he's going to busy with that and Oh! Edo Rocket. This series certainly is shaping up to be something special.
niefong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Shouldnt it be Celestial Being instead of Solestal Being. Just try saying Solestal.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote
so there is no seed 3?
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quote
OOhhh I hope that character designer of Eureka Seven rumor is true!!
Thank god it's not the designer of Seed, I hate his designs. And hopefully it'll have good animation, since Seed was pretty lacking in that department (good show though, don't mean to bash on it or anything).
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

This is just the rumor as reported at Gunota. Remember Dormcat also says that Kuroda is also a name being circulated. I would love to see the still active Ryousuke Takahashi take the helm of a Gundam series since he is the other (next to Tomino) founder of real robot anime. He would be perfect for a 0079 based (or even a pre Igloo rise of Zabi) series.
SarcasticPirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
The series is set in 2307 AD, which is surprising for a Gundam series to be using our calender system. Most of the speculation was leaning toward another entry in the Cosmic Era time line, even with the SEED movie in production. By what I've seen of it, it looks like they (HOPEFULLY) got rid of the SEED character designer. With this new time line, maybe, just maybe they will move from the emo kid spending more time crying and complaining than actual things that matter like 'action', 'character development', or maybe even 'plot'.

I really hope they don't **** up this one. (Here's hoping!) Rolling Eyes
Marwin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Looks good, though we don't get to see much. I liked the design of the new mobile suits, perhaps even better than those from SEED.
But seriously, stop bashing at SEED. SEED is win! And Destiny too, if not quite so much.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Ooooh, nice, a new Gundam series! Cool It's always nice to see one, at least to try it out anyways, even if it does turn out to be crap. Definitely interested by the fact that it's using our very own calendar timeline. Maybe it will be something like "the first ever mobile suits" or something leading up to the move into space in one of the AC, CE, or UC timelines, kind of like how Star Trek had that Enterprise series going a few years ago. Of course I'm probably wrong, but who knows? Definitely something I'll be for sure checking out this fall.
SarcasticPirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Marwin wrote:
Looks good, though we don't get to see much. I liked the design of the new mobile suits, perhaps even better than those from SEED.
But seriously, stop bashing at SEED. SEED is win! And Destiny too, if not quite so much.

Its not that SEED and SEED Destiny were really bad shows, (SEED was good but Destiny is mediocre at best), it's just that when compared to other Gundam series, such as War in the Pocket, Stardust Memory, or Zeta Gundam, they look like steaming piles. Beautifully drawn artwork, superb character design, astonishing fight scenes, and great character and plot development were exchanged for dull artwork with 'candy-colored' visuals, 'copy and paste' character design, replayed fight scenes (its ok to do a couple of times, but to see the same thing about six times in one episode alone is not acceptable, let alone the fact that nearly every episode is like this), and extremely lacking two dimensional characters, and enormous plot holes (such as the famous helmet incident spoiler[after Mu is 'killed' at the end of SEED we can see his battered helmet floating in the wreckage of his mobile suit, then reappears with only a scar and minor amnesia after being blown up and then floating in the vacuum of space without a helmet]) or like in SEED Destiny how the first ten / twelve episodes are used to build up several characters that are hardly ever seen again, and are replaced with a new Kira, but now even more of a twelve year-old emo (Shinn).

Don't even get me started in on 'Jesus Yamato.' Rolling Eyes
infoman99

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Shocked wow another series i gotta watch it now but isn`t this bacsially a ripoff from gundam F99ÉÉ i mean all the gundam series are based on the same moral of the story ``we must destroy so we can be victorious`` or we must wipe them out because their better than us!!,,,,,,,,, but hopefully it will air in canada in few years or at least release the dvds first eh what happens is what happens,,,,,,, Smile Smile Smile
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Neither the director or other supporting staff aside from the creators should be listed. You should really think twice about caving into rumors since this is doing nothing but fueling speculation at this time... Bravo for that one, ANN.
SarcasticPirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quote
infoman99 wrote:
Shocked Shocked wow another series i gotta watch it now but isn`t this bacsially a ripoff from gundam F99ÉÉ i mean all the gundam series are based on the same moral of the story ``we must destroy so we can be victorious`` or we must wipe them out because their better than us!!,,,,,,,,, but hopefully it will air in canada in few years or at least release the dvds first eh what happens is what happens,,,,,,, Smile Smile Smile

The story of every Gundam is basically a war is going on but a person or people turn anti-war at some point (or start that way). That's what set Gundam apart from other mecha at the time.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6