• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation DVD Ranking, September 5-11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Ok, whats up with the random American movies being on the list, and better yet some that aren't even that good ( Madagascar 2 and the Cars toons) *Sigh* this is seriously the list of the best selling DVD's coming from the nation of anime? Well at least Arrietty, Totoro, and Kiki are on the list. ^ u ^
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Well anime is just the general term for animation in Japan, and those movies are animated, and personally I liked the 1st Cars movie, and Kung-Fu Panda is pretty fun. And yeah always glad to see Ghibli films on a list like this.
toyNN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I can understand Battle Girls Time Paradox having some weak numbers (even though I liked that anime) but its surprising how poor showing for Fairy Tail - only 500+ also.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:
Ok, whats up with the random American movies being on the list, and better yet some that aren't even that good ( Madagascar 2 and the Cars toons) *Sigh* this is seriously the list of the best selling DVD's coming from the nation of anime? Well at least Arrietty, Totoro, and Kiki are on the list. ^ u ^

"Anime" just means animation in Japan, from any country.

I'm more surprised the 18th Shin-chan movie sold that little.. since it's one of the top rated shows over there, and a more obscure show like Bleach's movie steamrolled it. Just goes to show how weird the movie market is in Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1