• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Bandai and ADV Releases

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Ok, is anybody besides me totally PO'd at ADV about the Robotech remaster??? I seem to recall ADV saying that they would NEVER remaster Robotech because of a number of issues. Now, after I've just about completed my set of Robotech DVD's & lord knows how many other fans have purchased the original run of disks, they pull this crap. If they wouldn't have sworn up & down that they weren't going to do this, I wouldn't be so ticked off. Mad Makes me want to go smack somebody at ADV upside the head with a 2X4!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BFLP1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that's one of the most annoying decisions ADV could have made. I already spent a fortune on the complete run of Robotech DVDs that they released in 3 disc box sets, so I don't know if I want to spend more money to get a remastered version that was never supposed to be made.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:01 am Reply with quote
Zeta Gundam is not on that list. Crying or Very sad

Has there been any mention of a release time? Q4 2004 or something?
vherub

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Rurouni Kenshin OVA Collection (DVD)???

Is this trust/betrayal/reflection and if so, will it be similar to how trust betrayal were presented in a director's cut

or is this something else entirely?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm wondering about that myself. Is it the Trust/Betrayal movie version + Reflection bundled together (in which case I'll pass) or is it the individual Trust & Betrayal volumes + Reflection (in which case I'm all ears) that's being put out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RantingOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:47 pm Reply with quote
lucky me then, I got each 3 disc box set for $20 - $40... and yes they are legal versions
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1