• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Le Chevalier D'Eon Wins Best DVD in February at AnimeOnDVD.com

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Definitely was the best release for February but that isn't saying much considering there wasn't a lot of new stuff available. I am glad to see that some folks are really enjoying this series, I know I am. I think ADV has done a great job with this series, making it available for purchase so soon and also the quality of both dub and extras that came on the dvd were very well done. Although I don't know about that cross dressing feature on the second volume, I can't wait to hear Foster director diary (Assuming he's doing one) on that.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:21 am Reply with quote
43 titles were released during the month of February, but the votes were clustered around this title (47 votes, 20%) and Gunbuster (45 votes, 20%). If anything, cudos should also be given to BV USA for coming in second place imo. Smile
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
I'm very happy that Chevalier won, as it totally deserved the award. Great dub, great extras, and a great anime itself to boot.

Chevalier is easily my favorite release so far this year. Kurau rivaled it at one point, but it dropped off a bit after volume 2. Chevalier just keeps on getting better and better, based on three volumes. Kurau did get better from volume 1 to volume 2, but not as much as Chevalier did from volume 1 to 2. That goes without saying that Chevalier volume 3 was the best yet.

I'm loving the abundance of commentaries and all the historical notes and such. The cross dressing extra on DVD 2 was ... well .... interesting though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quote
when I saw this I figure it was because Chevalier was $9.99 at Best Buy- so everyone could get it. The story is good though- but if it wasn't for that price I probably wouldn't have gotten this seris until a boxset came along.

Now? Now i'm trying to save for vol. 2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Chevalier is easily my favorite release so far this year. Chevalier just keeps on getting better and better, based on three volumes. .

I think I watched 13 or 14 episodes of this series fansubbed and your completely right this series just keeps getting better. I remember watching one episode and being completely floored by only to have the next episode do something that was just as amazing. I am really glad ADV pick this up, I can't wait until vol 3 arrives at my doorstep.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1