• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Damaged Orders

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:42 am Reply with quote
Okay, for the first time in my ordering from TRSI, I recieved a damaged product. I have not removed the shrink wrap from the box yet, but the box looks like it's been through hell. Hopefully things can work out and I will be sending it back to TRSI in hopes of an even exchange.

How many of you have had damaged products come in your order?
Ayhoser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quote
I've ordered from rightstuff about 5-6 times. I've only had a problem once as one of the DVDs I got did not work. They should have a form for you to fill out and send back damaged good. You may want to give them a call too since the phone customer service is very helpful.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I've made a TON of orders from TRSI and yet I've never had a problem with a damaged or even an unplayable DVD. You getting one on your very first order is quite surprising to me.

But yeah, use the form that Ayhoser mentioned. Shouldn't be a problem as they are indeed very friendly and should be more than happy to exchange it for a better copy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NGE1113

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
This happened to me as once, and was the only time I received an item with such damage. (There have been previous instances of receiving hideously warped jewel cases, but since jewel cases are relatively cheap, I pay them no mind). Like you, fighterholic. it came from TRSI as well. The box was scraped, but given that it was one of ADV's pseudo-cardboard artboxes from the early 2000s that'd bend if looked at wrong, I shrugged it off. Inside the shrinkwrap was another story. To put it simply, I started picking out pieces of jewel cases (three of them had broken open during shipment. Everything turned out fine; got a replacement for it, and all was right with the world.

A bit of info I learned after I received a duplicate order from the 25/$100 ADV sale: TRSI doesn't have prepaid return labels, but they will give credit for postage in certain circumstances. Good thing, too, as the cost for sending back 25 DVDs amounted to nearly $7.
Mylene

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
A bit of info I learned after I received a duplicate order from the 25/$100 ADV sale: TRSI doesn't have prepaid return labels, but they will give credit for postage in certain circumstances. Good thing, too, as the cost for sending back 25 DVDs amounted to nearly $7.

I just learned that one for myself yesterday. They ended up sending me duplicate items from the Tokyopop sale. Very friendly customer service on the phone though, particularly when I realized that I had accidentally said I'd gotten a duplicate of an item that I hadn't, and had to call back to see which RMA code I needed to get rid of. Patient phone operators, I'll definitely give them that. ^^;

As for damaged merchandise in general, the only problem I remember having was with DeepDiscountDVD when my Paradise Kiss boxset was in kind of bad shape. I didn't think to see about returning it though. It doesn't look too bad on the shelf, and with the way the price of it is dropping at Best Buy, I might just buy another one eventually and give away the extra DVD.
Miho

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I've had any severely damaged items come with my orders. The only DVD I remember getting with some mild damage was my Cardcaptor Sakura Clow Book Boxset (which came from an ebay store, won't order anything from them again). There are a few scuffs on the cover and a small crack on one of the "pages", but they aren't too noticable unless you look closely at it.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Ah, several of the cardboard shipping boxes have shown up damaged and two of them even had holes in them, but luckily the merchandise has always survived anyway. The only issue was when I bought a hardback (didn't notice it was until I got it.. not that it matters either way) art book... and the spine was bent at the top and slightly ripped and a corner or two were also bent. I think it wasn't packed as well since it was against the side of the box (whose corner was also damaged) that was just slightly taller than the box itself. So naturally, it's not going to be a cushioned there as a DVD in a box all around too big for it. I seriously considered returning it, I wanted to, but the pages look to be fine so I semi talked myself out of it/chickened out/forgot about it and let the 30 days slide by. It's still in that damaged box in its clear wrapping and everything... Rolling Eyes
indrik

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I've gotten a defective dvd once, coincidentally from TRSI. It was no problem at all to return it, although I did have to pay return shipping. They sent the replacement back at their expense.

I also got a badly scratched box set from Deep Discount- same thing, no problem with the return. This was back when there were issues with boxs sets getting popped in the mail and dvds popping off, so when the second set showed up, it was also scratched, but played fine.

I've gotten many, many boxes that looked like heck, but no damage was done to the stuff inside. I'd shoot an email off before opening it, since different shippers have different rules about replacements and insurance. Some places (UPS, I think) consider opening the box acceptance, at which point you can't complain. That could affect the company who sent it to you, if they're going to need to try to get something back from their shipper for damaging the box.
NessFreaK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
im finally watching my kenshin sets i got back in feburary... im pretty disappointed with the packaging.

First, i got to the 2nd box to find that the center piece of one of the holders was broken, so i had to tape it in place. Then i got to dvd 14 or something and it was kinda corrupted. The opening stuff was right glitchy and then when i started the episodes the first 2 worked, but the last 2 were unwatchable.

I know that it isnt Rightstuf's fault but... it blows.. i missed on of my fav. episodes!
the one where spoiler[yahiko beats the flying guy when the juppongatana attacked the aoiya]

I dont think theres anything i can do but buy a new one?
Ningensei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote
I ordered the box set of Blue Gender for my boyfriend from Deep Discount and when I got it the box was pretty much crushed and bent in all over the place, in addition to a dvd coming loose from one of the cases. I had no problem getting sent a return postage from them and got a replacement. The second one still had a bent corner of the box, but we decided it wasn't worth the trouble to send it back and wait another few weeks to get a different box set. So everything turned out ok in the end.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quote
NessFreaK wrote:
im finally watching my kenshin sets i got back in feburary... im pretty disappointed with the packaging.

First, i got to the 2nd box to find that the center piece of one of the holders was broken, so i had to tape it in place. Then i got to dvd 14 or something and it was kinda corrupted. The opening stuff was right glitchy and then when i started the episodes the first 2 worked, but the last 2 were unwatchable.

I know that it isnt Rightstuf's fault but... it blows.. i missed on of my favorite. episodes!
the one where spoiler[yahiko beats the flying guy when the juppongatana attacked the aoiya]

I don't think theres anything i can do but buy a new one?

Try a different DVD player and/or cleaning the disc. Sometimes it's a wonky problem with a player/disc combo.

If you have no luck... fortunately, I believe the various Kenshin releases contain the same discs... you should be able to replace just that volume without buying a whole boxset again.
NessFreaK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quote
lol i tired my 3 dvd players, my computer, xbox 360 and portable dvd player and none of them played right (portable wouldnt read it at all)

i just compared my disks to the individual ones and they are the same, saves me ~60 i guess.
Heretic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I've probably ordered from Right Stuf over 30 times and I can only remember one time having a real issue. It was around Christmas of last year and I decided to get some manga , and they shipped duplicate orders. The problem was quickly resolved. There was a time I didn't get why they were holding my order, but I think this was when I (my grandma) used to actually phone in orders about 6 years ago. That was more of an issue with me being a little brat who wanted his anime ASAP.

No real problems with anyone else either since I rarely go outside my two "faves" (Right Stuf and Best Buy).
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:52 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:

How many of you have had damaged products come in your order?

I've got 260 shipments from TRSI over the last two years with 0 shipping problems. Since you mentioned that the box looks like hell I would blame the shipping company for the damages since TRSI seems to package their goods well enough to withstand the abuse from my postal services. I like the recent usage of paper based tape over the plastic based since I often use the shipping boxes to start my fireplace. I also like the usage of paper packaging over the awful popcorn stuff or those airbags that amazon uses.

I of course have the usual amount of DVD inserts sticking to the tape, broken DVD hubs and other defects that occur prior to shipping that many others have commented on, but I have had no issues with shipping between TRSI and my house.
ssjheero_yuy99

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I've ordered so many thing from right stuff I don't think I could count them, (well, or I could, but the number would be high), and I've only had one problem where they sent me the wrong item. they paid shipping both ways, (well, refunded me the cost), and I had the item back quickly. They even shipped the item over to me before there was any possible way that it would have gotten to them. (i.e. I shipped the item one day, and the next I got an email with a tracking number and the post office already had it that it had left the location)

Great company, great service, and I'll continue doing business with them as long as they are in business.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6