• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, June 5–June 11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
population_tire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Kubotite's Bleach lol.
I'm surpised Bleach is already at 28 volumes. And that Naruto is beating it.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about the manga, but the live action drama is awesome! It's one of the best this season, but then again the only other good one is Proposal Daisuke-kun, everything else is 'meh'...
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote
population_tire wrote:
Kubotite's Bleach lol.

You should be more surprised that after a mere 18 episodes of canon anime (110-127), after 47 episodes of filler (63-109), the Bleach anime has once again returned to filler as of last weeks episode 128...

So of course the manga will still be up there... japanese fans need something to keep them held over until the anime gets on course... again...

As for Naruto... there was a gay sex scene (i.e. yaoi) in the manga recently (or so I heard), so every single japanese (and american) fan-girl is no doubt waiting for the volume with those chapters to come out (will probably be vol. 42 or 43)...
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
As for Naruto... there was a gay sex scene (i.e. yaoi) in the manga recently (or so I heard), so every single japanese (and american) fan-girl is no doubt waiting for the volume with those chapters to come out (will probably be vol. 42 or 43)...

Not quite . . . there was some Sexy no Jutsu antics going on, and Sakura got upset, then it was turned around into the "yaoi" scene, and Sakura goes fangirly. Anime hyper

So, it's kind of like fanservice wrapped around a gag.

Plus, there's just some general awesome going on, with new characters cropping up and old ones facing off. It's exciting! :]
kuni_kuni

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Geez, I had no idea that Prince of Tennis was as long as 38 volumes (and it's not even over yet Shocked ). Ah well, nice to see that it's still doing well.
ichiro3923

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Hi no Neko wrote:
teh*darkness wrote:

Not quite . . . there was some Sexy no Jutsu antics going on, and Sakura got upset, then it was turned around into the "yaoi" scene, and Sakura goes fangirly. Anime hyper

So, it's kind of like fanservice wrapped around a gag.

Plus, there's just some general awesome going on, with new characters cropping up and old ones facing off. It's exciting! :]

Yes, Naruto all the way!

I have mostly seen the anime rather than the manga, and in the Tsunade Arc (3rd Arc), there are scenes where Jiraya becomes a kind of fatherfigure and Naruto wants Jiraya to do some fatherly stuff (like staying with him while he practices mastering the Rasengan), because he has never had the experience of parental affection/love. Did the author follow up on this in the later mangas or was it never to be mentioned again?
ichiro3923

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
population_tire wrote:
Kubotite's Bleach lol.

You should be more surprised that after a mere 18 episodes of canon anime (110-127), after 47 episodes of filler (63-109), the Bleach anime has once again returned to filler as of last weeks episode 128...

So of course the manga will still be up there... japanese fans need something to keep them held over until the anime gets on course... again...

When will it return to the main storyline, because the current Arc has not finished yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1