• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I have been inspired by other belated introductions to do one myself, so here goes:

Name: Glenn

Blood Type: O negative

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: White American. My grandpa is from Norway. As for my other ancestors, as far back as I can track they were all born in the US.

Religion: passive christian.

Pets: A 6 year old black lab. Will chase a tennis ball until cardiac arrest if thrower is not careful.

Drink/Smoke: Never smoke, but I drink occasionally. Major lightweight.

Likes: Reading, skiing, badminton, walking with my dog, hiking, swimming, rollerblading, anime, tennis, biking, soccer, sledding, Yosemite, rain, puzzles/riddles, sudoku, Picasso's rose period and Vermeer's paintings.

Dislikes: Asparagus, shopping, liquid cold medicine, needles (very phobic), those flying blue shells in mario kart, and mosquitoes.

Favorite anime: Fullmetal Alchemist, Twelve Kingdoms, Haibane Renmei, Castle in the Sky, Death Note, Noein: To Your Other Self, Hikaru no Go, Princess Tutu, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade.

Favorite Manga: I haven't read much manga but I liked Inuyasha, Dragon Quest, and Fruits Basket.

Favorite Books/Authors: Timeline, Books by Dean Koontz (especially Lightning and Life Expectancy, they were just great), Harry Potter series, This Is All, the amazing queen of mystery Agatha Christie (And Then There Were None is my current fav of hers), the Bartimaeus Trilogy (absolutely hilarious), This is All, Girl with a Pearl Earring (about how one of Vermeer's most famous paintings came to be), anything by Christopher Pike (absolutely love Remember Me, he writes great mystery/thriller types), Books by Mark Twain (in particular A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court), and Pandora's Star & its sequel Judas Unchained (they are the most realistic and intricate portrayal of a futuristic human society I have ever read. A scifi series where many planets have been colonized and space travel is an everyday occurrence).

Favorite game: Just about any Zelda or Mario game.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: TV Shows: Avatar: The Last Airbender (probably my fav of all time), NCIS, Big Bang Theory, 10th Kingdom, Seinfield, Monty Python's Flying Circus and Monk.
Movies: Pan's Labyrinth, Field of Dreams, My Sister's Keeper (cry fest), The Boys from Brazil, Back to the Future, The Last Emperor, Iron Man, Singing in the Rain, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Blazing Saddles, The Help, Hatari (John Wayne awesomeness), Flight Plan, The Closet, and To Catch a Thief.

Favorite Drink: Bubble Tea (strawberry and Jasmine are great. Taro, red bean, and honey are also good.)

Favorite Alcoholic Drink: Bert Reynolds.

Favorite Foods: Orange chicken, french toast, caramelized onions are unbelievably delicious, maple glazed chicken, and goat cheese and sage ebelskivers.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Dominic Deegan (great adventure webcomic), and xkcd (funny webcomic).

Favorite Sport (to watch): I can't just watch sports, I see people playing and I want to get out there and join.

Favorite Sport (to play): Badminton and skiing.

Favorite Music/Bands/Singers/Composers: Lonely Forest, Kithkin, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Pat Benatar, AC/DC, Debussy (Clair de Lune), Beethoven, Andrew Roberts, the Beatles, Johnny Cash and Led Zeppelin. And just about anything by Yoko Kanno.

Job: Student. Teaches skiing in the winter and works for a farm in the summer, mainly at the farmer's markets. Goes to internship at Bellevue MRI once a week.

Hobbies: studying. studying. studying. studying. studying. sometimes I get to watch some anime. and then I study. Mainly, I love to read. Pretty much any genres, though I tend toward fantasy, mystery, and epics.

Fun facts about Tris8:
-Has gotten hit by a car 3 times (no, not the same car 3 times.....)
-I am studying to be a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
-I am hard of hearing and active in the deaf community. I can still hear enough in my right ear so I don't have to lip read if people speak up.

Favorite Quotes:
"Sometimes it hurts more when there's no one to blame"

"Reality continues to ruin my life" -Calvin & Hobbes

"Before you get in a fight with someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they get angry, you are a mile away and you have their shoes"

Last edited by Tris8 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 8 times in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I suppose I'll make one so here goes.

Name: Joe, although most people just tend to call me Stark.

Sex: Male

Blood Type: A

Religion: Christian

Pets: Used to own a rabbit and duck. RIP thou Sad

Drink/Smoke: Never smoked in my life and can't even remember the last I had a drink.

Likes: Lurking on forums, posting occasionally, discussing various animes, participating in polls, etc

Dislikes: Waking up late, traffic jams, overcooked foods, dropped animes

Favorite anime
: Elfen Lied, FMA, Higurashi, Toaru Majutsu no Index, etc way too many to list here tbh

Favorite Manga (Light novels
): Claymore, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Blue Exorcist, Death Note, etc. Going to be reading alot of mangas this year tbh

Favorite Books: Sword of Truth, Where the Red Fern Grows, Holes

Favorite game: Any RTS game tbh like Starcraft 2, Warcraft 3, Age of Empires series. Also used play Runescape.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Any movie involving action and drama. Joss Whedon's works are also my favorites such as Buffy and Angel.

Favorite Drink: N/A.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water tbh.

Favorite Foods: Curry, coke beef, eggrolls, noodles

Favorite Sites: Crunchyroll, ANN, MAL, Wikipedia, Battle.net, Hulu

Favorite Sport (to watch): Soccer

Favorite Sport (to play)
: Soccer and Tennis

Favorite Music: Don't really have one but I enjoy rock, metal, techno, and ofc anime music. Also have interest in music of the late 1990s.

Job: College/Uni Student

Hobbies: Anime, Manga, Video Games, washing my car, cooking, listening to music

Fun facts about me:
- rarely ever gets up by an alarm clock. When I sleep, nearly nothing wakes me up.
- not very patient waiting in lines irl or any place. Hate waiting in general Mad
- Likes to multi task when watching an average paced anime.
- Spins pencils everyday while in class during lectures
- Used to ride about 9 miles per day on the exercise bike
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wyntre_rose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I honestly don't think I've ever filled one of these out before, so here goes...

Name: Meghann, but Wyntre, Rose, wyntre_rose and WR are all fine. Wyntre is pronounced like the season, btw.

Sex: Female

Blood Type: I think A/B?

Religion: Christian

Pets: 2 cats, 'Xedo (short for Tuxedo, because that's what his coloring reminds me of) and Momo (peach in Japanese, because she's a peachy, fuzzy fluffball. Didn't realize when I named her that Momo is, apparently, usually a dog's name in Japan...lol)

Drink/Smoke: Don't smoke, and I really don't like the taste of alcohol, so I very rarely do that, either.

Likes: Peace and quiet, good books and movies, learning languages, music and writing stories.

Dislikes: My job - it pays the bills and all, which is good in today's economy, but it's absolutely soul crushing - confrontation, stress, and driving on icy roads.

Favorite anime
: Fruits Basket, Rurouni Kenshin, Ouran High School Host Club, FMA - the original and Brotherhood - Monster (Viz, I would forgive all if you'd just release the rest of this!!!), xxxHolic (Funi, license Kei and the OVAs for me, please? I imported them from Japan already, but I'd happily double dip for a good dub, k? thanks!) Death Note, Natsume's Book of Friends, Mushishi, Princess Jellyfish, Emma, Durarara!!!, Kimi ni Todoke, Saiunkoku Monogatari (could someone pick up season 2 of this one, please?) Spice and Wolf, Haruhi Suzumiya, and Case Closed.

Favorite Manga (Light novels
): Anything by Kaoru Mori and Naoki Urasawa, and just about anything by Fumi Yoshinaga and CLAMP. Also, FMA, Rurouni Kenshin, Hikaru no Go, Death Note, Natsume's Book of Friends, Kimi Ni Todoke, Mushishi, and Wandering Son.

Favorite Books: Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, anything by Robin McKinley, Sherlock Holmes, just about anything by Agatha Christie, The Night Circus, Jane Eyre, and just about anything by L. M. Montgomery (think Anne of Green Gables) and Jane Austen.

Favorite game: Not much of a gamer, but I have fond memories of playing Super Mario with my best friend in high school all night long...oh, so many nights.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Mythbusters, House, NCIS, Beauty and the Beast (yup, this was a TV show once. Corny as anything, but oh, how I love it) Lois and Clark, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Home Improvement, Planet Earth, Blue Planet, Sherlock and Dr Who!!

Favorite Drink: Meh. Never really tried any alcoholic drinks that I liked the taste of.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Cherry Coke or Pepsi, I don't really care which, Vernors (ginger ale for those not in Michigan), genmaicha (green tea with roasted rice) and hot cocoa with a little instant coffee in it.

Favorite Foods: Crab legs, chicken curry, gyoza (potstickers) Hawaiian pizza, tonkatsu (breaded pork), raspberries, Swedish pancakes, and dark chocolate

Favorite Sites: ANN, Tv Tropes, Facebook, Rightstuf, and Crunchyroll

Favorite Sport (to watch): Figure skating. I just wish you could turn off the stupid commentators. I wanna hear the pretty music!! Yes, I'm a dork.

Favorite Sport (to play): Uh...do I have to?

Favorite Music: Runs the gamut from opera to Def Leppard, so this list would be pretty massive. Outstanding artists, though, are: Cecilia Bartoli, Tchaikovsky, Yuki Kajiura, Adele, Sissel, Secret Garden, Josh Groban, Barbra Streisand, Trans Siberian Orchestra...yeah, I'll stop there.

Job: Customer Service for a local power company. Now do you see why I hate my job?

Hobbies: reading, writing (but no 'rithmetic, please! I'm much better with words than numbers) watching movies and anime, singing, learning languages

Fun facts about me:
-I have lived in Norway (exchange student) and Japan (English teacher) and visited Sweden, Ghana, England, France, Italy, Mexico, Canada, and the Netherlands, if you count all the times I was in the airport on the way to another country....
-Since, as you'll see above, this means I've set foot on 4 of the earth's continents, my goal is to hit the other 3 by the time I'm 35. Antarctica is gonna be a doozy. lol. I'm totally gonna try, though!!
-When I was 5, someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up. I answered promptly, "a missionary, a ballet dancer or a fairy princess."
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Welcome wyntre_rose! That's quite the spell of traveling you've done there. I've gone through Western and Southern Europe a few times myself and absolutely love it over there. Thanks to anime, I have quite the yen (heh) to visit Japan, as well as Oz, New Zealand and the South Pacific in general. Would love to go to Indonesia and hang out with the Komodo dragons. Where did you visit in Canada?
wyntre_rose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Just Niagara Falls, unfortunately. Not that the Falls weren't spectacular, but I'd've loved to have seen more. It was a family trip, though, and I wasn't the one paying...lol.
Coach McGuirk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:52 am Reply with quote
Name: Emmanuel or emm for short

Blood Type: not sure

Marital Status: dating some broad

Ethnicity: Mexican

Religion: catholic

Pets: none

Drink/Smoke: I drink booze occasionally and smoke pot occasionally

Likes: sleeping, stretching, fapping, laughing, making fun of your
mom, eating, standing-up comedy, podcasts,

Dislikes: traffic, slow walkers, annoying talkers, cigarette smoke, foul odors, indecisiveness, gas, your mom

Favorite anime: desert punk, durarara, FMA brotherhood, FLCL, beck, cowboy bebop, black lagoon, angel beats, toradora, samurai champloo, gurren lagann,

Favorite Manga (Light novels): haven’t read that many

Favorite Books: the stranger, this is your brain on music, planet
simpsons, Fahrenheit 451, world war z, fight club, choke, napalm & silly putty, brain droppings, in 50 years we’ll all be chicks, sataristas,

Favorite game: psychonauts, ff7, guilty gear x/x2, ninja gaiden 1-2, god of war 2, skate,

Favorite TV shows/Movies: breaking bad, dexter, 30 rock, parks and recreation, the simpsons, family guy, the Colbert report, the daily show, the wire, sons of anarchy, justified, adventure time, law & order svu, mad men, rescue me, x-files, south park, bobs burgers, the boondocks, the increasingly poor decisions of todd Margaret

Fight club, 25th hour, Friday, super troopers, the big lebowski, the big hit, the dark knight, napoleon dynamite, man on the moon, grandmas boy, super high me, I am comic,

Favorite Drink: rum & coke, beer, gin & tonic,

Non-Alcoholic Drink: coke, oj, apple juice, water, some smoothie variants

Favorite Foods: don’t make me choose

Favorite Sites: ANN, Honda tech, Tokyo tosho/nyaa, halcyon realms, AST, the adam corolla podcast

[b[Favorite Sport[/b] (to watch): hockey, basketball, bmx, skating, snowboarding

Favorite Sport (to play): basketball, street hockey

Favorite Music: rap/hip-hop, metal, pop-punk, classic rock, soundtracks, rock, folk, acoustic, jrock/pop,

Job: stocking stuff at a market

Hobbies: playing drums, drawing, riding mah bike, riding the longboard, going to concerts, hitting up a museum, going to libraries

any more questions? feel free to pm me or something Cool
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
wyntre_rose wrote:
Just Niagara Falls, unfortunately. Not that the Falls weren't spectacular, but I'd've loved to have seen more. It was a family trip, though, and I wasn't the one paying...lol.

I don't usually travel a lot, but when I do, I ask a magician to make me a portal.
nikolai180393

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:06 am Reply with quote
I approve the use of portals to travel. It is the only way.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:31 am Reply with quote
Holy shit, it's egoist.

I must sound the alarm to warn the forums of your return!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:01 am Reply with quote
Good old egoist - he has no doubt returned so as to find out my address in preparation for sending me his copy of Garden of Sinners for free. Whatta guy.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
And he hasn't matured at all!

I take it everyone is fine? Haven't even opened ANN in ages. I wouldn't rely on my brain storage anymore.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote
I think the only thing you need to know is that PetrifiedJello became Mesonoxian Eve.

Oh and I was crowned the King of Anime because of my awesomeness. Blood-chan is my jester.
TheTinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Name: Devon
Marital Status: Dating
Ethnicity:English
Religion: Atheist
Pets: Four dogs (a pug, a black lab, a chihuahua, A cocker spaniel), a cat, a fish, and a hamster. I like animals.
Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially and doesn't smoke
Likes:My girlfriend, music, cars, video games, animals, and anime
Dislikes: My biology teacher.
Favorite anime: Fullmetal Alchemist
Favorite Books: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, The Baroque Cycle, Harry Potter, Metro 2033
Favorite game: Hard to say
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Spirited Away, Shrek, Fight Club, The Empire Strikes Back, Gran Torino, Dirty Harry.
Favorite Drink: Prince Igor with Orange Juice
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke
Favorite Foods: Perogies
Favorite Sites: Gamesradar.com, Reddit.com
Favorite Sport (to watch):Hockey,
Favorite Sport (to play):Basketball
Favorite Music: Anything easy to listen to
Job: Apprentice Mechanic
Hobbies: Video games, Guitar, Harmonica, Drums, sports, poetry
Fun facts about TheTinkerer:
-Captain of the basketball team
-Stubborn to bone
Favorite Quotes: Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none-William Shakespeare
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I think the only thing you need to know is that PetrifiedJello became Mesonoxian Eve.

Oh and I was crowned the King of Anime because of my awesomeness. Blood-chan is my jester.

And who is the queen? Laughing
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm the King of Anime. I run a harem, obviously.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 138 of 233