• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jockrobin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:04 am Reply with quote
Name: Robin

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single

Religion: Christian.

Drink/Smoke: a little drink but never smoke.

Dislikes: too much playing games online

Favorite anime: bleach

Favorite game: Plants VS zombile

Pictures: Here's one of me that looks like a disembodied head. I suppose it's fairly obvious that the picture was altered with some photo editing software.
misschidori

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
misschidori wrote:
Favorite Music: ...
K-pop
Yesss....

Quote:
Fun facts about Lizzie:
Addicted to Korean dramas.
YESSS!!!

I never comment in the Introductions thread but welcome to ANN, misschidori! Seen any good dramas lately?

Sweet! A fellow K-enthusiast! Ahh, I always get so excited when I meet people who share the K-passion online! Very Happy

I just started watching K-dramas back in April, but I just finished My Princess...really good drama, funny and dramatic (duh) and so cute! The ending was definitely not what I expected, but it still wrapped things up nicely! Smile I've been watching You Are Beautiful with my brother for the past few months...we're so close to finishing (we left off at ep. 11!), but yesterday he told me I should start watching it without him because "it goes so slowly." GAHHH WHY. I FINALLY HAD SOMEONE TO WATCH THEM WITH AND NOW...*knife-twist*

Anyway, my fave dramas so far are Secret Garden, Lie To Me, My GF is a Gumiho and You Are Beautiful of course! BOF was pretty good but the ending just broke my heart.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:37 am Reply with quote
misschidori wrote:
Sweet! A fellow K-enthusiast! Ahh, I always get so excited when I meet people who share the K-passion online! Very Happy
I'm primarily active at www.starminesister.tumblr.com which is I guess mostly about my K-drama/K-pop obsession, with some figure collecting on the side.

Quote:
I just started watching K-dramas back in April, but I just finished My Princess...really good drama, funny and dramatic (duh) and so cute! The ending was definitely not what I expected, but it still wrapped things up nicely! Smile I've been watching You Are Beautiful with my brother for the past few months...we're so close to finishing (we left off at ep. 11!), but yesterday he told me I should start watching it without him because "it goes so slowly." GAHHH WHY. I FINALLY HAD SOMEONE TO WATCH THEM WITH AND NOW...*knife-twist*
It's so maddening when the person you're watching with just isn't as into it as you are. I've been there, and realized that no one I know is nearly as enthusiastically into dramas as I apparently am. It's tough being a fan of something so (relatively) obscure; unless you're blessed with likeminded friends, your fangirling will be forever between just you and the internet which is a pretty lonely state in which to exist. Either way though, I'd say go for it and finish YAB without him. I'm afraid I've only watched the first (small) handful of My Princess back when it was airing and got distracted by other titles (I just don't... have enough... TIME for all these dramas I want to see!)

Quote:
Anyway, my fave dramas so far are Secret Garden, Lie To Me, My GF is a Gumiho and You Are Beautiful of course! BOF was pretty good but the ending just broke my heart.
While I haven't seen My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (honestly, I'm pretty sure it's because the "magical girlfriend from nowhere" trope in anime has soured me on the entire idea, no matter how fresh MGIAG may make it) I am loving Shin Min Ah as the ghost-girl heroine of the currently airing Arang and the Magistrate. And assuming BOF is Boys Over Flowers (otherwise I'm not sure what that's an acronym for), I've actually never seen that either! Partly because I've already seen Hana Yori Dango but mostly because, honestly, Lee Min Ho's perm in the K-drama was a big turn off for me. Though now I'm absolutely loving him as the totally swoon-worthy sword/lightning-wielding General Choi Young in Faith/The Great Doctor.

Well, anyway, hope to see you around!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr Bloo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote
Name: Ethan Hardcastle (but you can call me Bloo if you want, more people know me as that)

Marital status: Single

Religion: I'm Christian, personally, but I'm very accepting of everyone no matter what they believe.

Drink/Smoke: I had a small bit of mead on my 21st bday, the rest is still in the garage. I don't intend on ever getting drunk. As for smoking, it's not for me.

Favorite music: Can't really put what I like into a single category. Ranging from RHCP to Slipknot, Anamanaguchi to "Who Do You Voodoo" (Dead Island rap), etc etc. I especially love the music from Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, and still use it to inspire my bass playing. =]

Favorite sports: I don't watch sports, but when I can I like to play Football, Basketball, Tennis, and Baseball. Though that's not as often anymore.

Favorite games: My all-time favourite is the Sly Cooper series, I've loved it since it first came out. That's followed immediately by the Resident Evil games. I have almost every video game console from the NES - Ps3, as well as a pretty decent PC I've upgraded for gaming and video editing. I'm a pretty decent Magic: The Gathering player, have played a few DnD rounds and loved them, so I'll throw tabletop into this category. I also really like board games, but I never get to play them here because no one else does.

Favorite anime: Soul Eater, Chobits, Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, Digimon Adventures, Digimon Tamers, and Gurren Lagann!

Favorite manga: Shaman King (it was the first I'd ever read), One Piece (I like the manga, but not so much the anime), Chobits, and Genshiken (I started two weeks ago with the first Omnibus and got completely sucked in).

Likes: I like people who are intelligent and accepting of others (which I consider a sign of intelligence). I like to have serious discussions as well as speratic goofy-ness, and I'm known to switch really quickly between the two. I like the people I've come to know and see as real friends in the past few years. I love everything horror. (movies, books, comics, games, you name it)

Dislikes: People who claim to be for equality and then turn right around and start hating on someone who doesn't believe the exact same thing as them. (I've known waaaaay too many of those people) In general, I just don't like people who can't at least attempt to see where other people are coming from.

Fun facts:
-I'm a ginger (woohoo!)
-I just went to my first ever convention up in Sacramento (SacAnime Summer 2012) and loved it so much, I intend on going to the winter con too! (possibly cosplaying as Barry Burton from Resident Evil)
-This is going to be my second year working at a local haunted attraction.
-I've acted all my life, and am majoring in Theater Arts with the hopes of someday becoming a voice actor.
-I've ran a youtube gaming and playthrough page for the past three years.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Mr Bloo--
Welcome to the fora! Smile
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
@nbahn: You almost make it your job to make the newcomers feel welcome with your enthousiasm! I was glad back when I joined (already a while ago) that you welcomed me Wink.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery--

Why, thank you; I am so glad to hear it! As far as the act of welcoming people is concerned, that is a habit that I picked up when I was semi-involved with the English Wikipedia. So many websites have a reputation for rudeness, that I feel that it cannot hurt if I go out of my way to be friendly to newcomers.

By the way, I would like to make a suggestion about your web browser: Both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have automatic spell-checking features; either one of them would have caught "enthousiasm". This is just a suggestion; nothing more.
Mr Bloo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
@nbahn Anime smallmouth Thanks for the warm welcome!
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Mr Bloo--
You are quite welcome! Anime catgrin Cool Anime smile Smile Very Happy
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
@nbahn: You almost make it your job to make the newcomers feel welcome with your enthousiasm! I was glad back when I joined (already a while ago) that you welcomed me Wink.

He really took over my job so well I just left him to it. Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
A Mystery wrote:

Prolly just as well ... I'm not sure how new users felt about having a poster called "Psycho 101" provide them with cheery welcomes. Wink
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:
A Mystery wrote:

Prolly just as well ... I'm not sure how new users felt about having a poster called "Psycho 101" provide them with cheery welcomes. Wink

Or my mystery bag of gifts I gave out. Plus with my community section moniker of "thread killer" on my profile now....might scare off new people even more lol.
Masakaki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by Masakaki on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Masakaki wrote:
I'm special, I was welcomed by Blood-. Cool

By the way, you still haven't paid me for that. You keep telling me the "check is in the mail" but I'm starting to have my doubts. Wink
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 am Reply with quote
Masakaki wrote:
I'm special, I was welcomed by Blood-. Cool
I guess nbahn was slacking when I joined the ANN. Laughing

Just remember you said you felt special when he starts stalking you. You might rethink it then lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 159 of 233