• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Randamo--

Normally, I am most impressed by how a movie ends; but in this case, I was underwhelmed by the ending (and let us face facts here; the opening sequence is pretty flippin' epic!). One of the things that I am struck by was the decision to cast Henry Fonda opposite Charles Bronson. I am not saying that Bronson was a terrible actor, mind you; but -- in my opinion -- when Bronson was onscreen with Fonda he (Bronson) was just upstaged by Fonda. The same also (more or less) applies to Bronson and Jason Robards -- again, this is my opinion.

Would you trust this man in a daycare operation? Razz

In a dimly lit bar.....

This is supposed to be the personification of vengeance? Gimme a break..... Rolling Eyes
Randamo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:01 am Reply with quote
heh, I watch that movie mostly to see Henry Fonda and Jason Robards.

I thought it was pretty powerful when the reveal came for why Bronson was after Fonda, so I don't feel Bronson did a bad job. But I was disappointed to see certain ones not survive.

I don't give the movie negative points for it though. But I totally see what you mean.
The Lurkiest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:19 am Reply with quote
Hello, don't think I'll be posting much, but I thought I'd at least say hello, and goodbye...
A Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
Welcome....

and so long, goodbye, auf Wiedersehen, adieu...
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:51 am Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Welcome....

... and now I have half of the Aristocats soundtrack playing in my head.

Laughing

Hi Lurkiest, hopefully you'll suprise yourself either way enjoy your time Very Happy

Edit: and thinking about it why the hell did the Aristocats come into my head Laughing

Last edited by TsunaReborn! on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Welcome....

I see you and raise you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU3s6BFBklU
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Welcome, The Lurkiest! Cool Smile Very Happy
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:11 pm Reply with quote
@TsunaReborn!

So long farewell is from The Sound of Music
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:53 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@TsunaReborn!

So long farewell is from The Sound of Music

Haha I realised before the edit - I don't know why the Aristocats poped into my head as it makes no sense. Maybe because it's set in Paris and all I could think about were the geese Confused Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:45 am Reply with quote
Laughing

I only realized after I sent it that I forgot to put in the 'farewell'. So that's probably why you didn't recognize it.
MYAOI

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:37 am Reply with quote
Hello Everybody,

It's been a while since I've posted on anime forums.
I've always been addicted to anime, but only recently I found more time to dedicate to it. I'm not a great poster, I usually write only if the subject is intriguing.

If you want to know more about me:

Name: it's "reflected" and "disguised" in the word MYAOI (a good 4869 should find out)

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Rei negative

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Religion: not anymore

Pets: not anymore

Drink/Smoke/Chocolate: Chocolate.

Likes: many things but not excessively. Freedom, Anime, Japan, Technology, A.I., Automation, Psychology, Science Fiction, PC games, Finance.

Dislikes: many things but not excessively. TV, media, politics, Shingeki no Kyojin, Elfen Lied, One Piece (but I'm watching it), Zombie related things. I dislike generally what is popular without deserving it.

Favorite anime: Evangelion and many (not all) GAINAX productions like FLCL and Abenobashi, Monster, Death Note, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, F.M. Alchemist, Meitantei Conan, HxH, Last Exile, Psycho Pass, Mirai Nikki, Steins;Gate, Bakemonogatari, Kodomo no Jikan, Soul Eater, and many other classics (like Azumanga Daioh, GTO, Trigun, Hellsing, ..)

Favorite Manga/Books: I don't know what to say...I can't make myself enjoying novels or manga. I feel a discomfort at staying focused on a passive item. (If I were a train traveler maybe ...)

Favorite game: many but none in particular. I played pretty much every genre. I had a crush with Eve Online. Tomb Raider the survival. War Thunder. Strategic games or simulations. Spore and SIMS. In the past I loved Freelancer, Mafia I & II (not much GTA series) and some Japanese RPG game or dating sim. (Dirty secret: I spent a considerable amount of time with Starcraft and SCeditor and I played all the Pokemon games from Red to Sapphire).

Favorite TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV (except some series of Big Bang Theory handed by a friend). I've watched almost all sci-fi blockbusters but wouldn't state one favourite.

Favorite Drink: Alcoholic would be red wine or Rhum based cocktails

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Tea

Favorite Foods: everything prepared by me, but also dining out Japanese. (My dirty secret is that I love the Big Mac)

Favorite Sites: based on the number of accesses is Yahoo Finance and a shop online

Favorite Sport (to watch): none

Favorite Sport (to play): Ice skating

Favorite Music: Dream Theater, some J-Pop like Tommy February6, vocaloid, Supercell.

Job: Engineer, but thinking to radically change life

Hobbies: living should be the real answer. Playing with electronics and programming, like Arduino, should be the politically correct one, but not necessarily true.

Fun facts about me/Trivia:

Loving the weird anime humor I end up laughing the hell out of me rolling on the floor in tears me with Excel Saga, Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou, Dokuro Chan, etc..
But when I'm in a real life social situation I can't laugh at ordinary jokes. I can't understand their humor even when people repeat two times, and I watch them with a Wednesday Addams face.

I spent most of my life studying over a broad range of subjects: aerospace engineering, computer science, philosophy, latin, classic literature, neuroscience, but I never ended up actually practicing anything.
I want to learn Japanese. In March I will go to Japan to improve.

The first japanese game that I played (at least for what I remember) was Season of the Sakura, on my first Win95 PC
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum MYAOI. Hopefully you'll enjoy your time here with us. Don't worry if you don't post that often, many users only post on those series or topics that truly interest them.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Welcome, MYAOI! So, you fall in the "Hate Elfen Lied" crowd, eh? Well, C'est la vie! (Just google the phrase if you don't know what it means! Cool )
MYAOI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Welcome, MYAOI! So, you fall in the "Hate Elfen Lied" crowd, eh? Well, C'est la vie! (Just google the phrase if you don't know what it means! Cool )

spoiler[Pas de probleme. J'ai étudié le francais à l'école.]

I know the plot and the ending of Elfen Lied, but I dropped the series after the first episode (For similar reasons I dropped Kill La Kill)
If you believe that it is worth watching, you are free to argue in its favour. I will listen. Wink
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
@MYAOI
Nothing wrong with hating Elfen Lied. Welcome to the club. I gave up on Kill La Kill also but for different reasons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 211 of 233