• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horkus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I just joined, and an intro seems a good way to start.

Name: Horkus

Sex: M

Marital Status: Single

Dislikes: Bad Food, Cable TV, Beginner Snowboarders who don't know how to BRAKE

Favorite Anime: Cross Game, Gintama

Favorite Manga: Cross Game, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Master Keaton

Favorite Games: Skyrim, Tales of Vesperia, Osu!, Pokemans

Food: Anything

Hobbies: Manga, LNs, Stressing about graduation

Fun Fact: I'm fluent in French and import most of my manga
Soozasaurus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:47 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
Soozasaurus--
At the risk of possibly starting a flame war, may I ask you which version of Fullmetal Alchemist that you prefer? I prefer the '03 version, mainly because of the OST ("Bratja," FTW!)

No flame wars needed here! I watched the 03' version, I never had the chance to get into Brotherhood only because I started so many different anime series after that haha.. But yes I agree the soundtrack is great stuff!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horkus wrote:
I just joined, and an intro seems a good way to start.

Name: Horkus

Dislikes: Bad Food, Cable TV, Beginner Snowboarders who don't know how to BRAKE

Favorite Anime: Cross Game, Gintama

Favorite Manga: Cross Game, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Master Keaton

Favorite Games: Skyrim, Tales of Vesperia, Osu!, Pokemans

Food: Anything

Hobbies: Manga, LNs, Stressing about graduation

Fun Fact: I'm fluent in French and import most of my manga

Hi I'm Susan! I just joined too. It's nice to see another Tales fan Smile Have you played any others besides Vesperia?

{Merged serial posts. ~nobahn}
MShea1213

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
Just joined so why not do an intro.

Name: Michael

Likes: Boxing, lifting, running, anime (duh), women, beer.

Dislikes: School

Favorite Anime: Old school fan. Fist of the North Star is number one. Golden Boy, Cyber City, Sailor Moon (guilty pleasure), Princess Mononoke, Macross: Do You Remember Love?, Project A-Ko, Dirty Pair, Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam 0079.. just a bunch.

Food: Any kind of pizza would be number 1!

Fun fact: Competing for Golden Gloves January 8th.
[/b]
ShintouGenesis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Name: Shintou, Genesis, ShinGen, or Gabe.

Sex: Male

Blood Type: I try not to bleed.

Marital Status: Divorced, although I don't much see the relevance of reliving my shame.

Ethnicity: Many white things.

Religion: Liberal Christian... is that a religion? It should be. I'm making it one.

Pets: My dog just died.

Drink/Smoke: YupYup

Dislikes: Assclowns.

Favorite anime: Baccano, Trigun, Fruits Basket, Clannad, Steins;Gate, GTO, ZOIDS: NC, etc etc etc.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Baccano for novels, Fruits Basket for manga.

Favorite Books: The Pendragon series, A Clockwork Orange, Atlas Shrugged, Fahrenheit 451, 1984, basically anything dystopian. Shade's Children, The Cal Leondros series, etc etc etc.

Favorite game: Kingdom Hearts/Armored Core

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Buffy/Angel, Firefly, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Jessica Jones/Daredevil, Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, Teen Titans, Avatar (both) Batman tAS, The Crow, The Breakfast Club, Boondock Saints, Spiderman 1/2, The Avengers, V For Vendetta, All things Kevin Smith, etc etc etc.

Favorite Drink: Jack n Coke.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: What's that?

Favorite Foods: In N Out, Homemade Tacos and Enchliadas, Pizza, Lasagne, I just... I just love food. Anything you can put hot sauce on is great.

Favorite Sites: youtube.com/shintougenesis Wink, ANN, HaurhiChan, Cracked.com, many youtube channels, etc

Favorite Sport (to watch):UFC mostly.

Favorite Sport (to play):Sit Quietly.

Favorite Music: Rock mostly, some rap, just way too much to list really.

Job: Writer/Youtuber/Caretaker.

Hobbies: Video making, writing, LoL, gaming in general, youtubing, etc etc.

Fun facts about me:

I run a youtube channel, did I mention that?
I have written several novels that I'll never get credit for because being a ghost writer sucks.
I have three nipples. No joke.
Umm... I love you?

Favorite Quotes:“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:21 am Reply with quote
Gabe--
So, what is the philosophy of Ayn Rand? Can it be distilled from just one novel?
Quote:
Laughing
Quote:

We try to rein those in here on this site; please report offensive posts -- and when doing so please use >1 sentence! Thank you.
Quote:
Please accept my condolences.
Quote:
Religion: Liberal Christian... is that a religion? It should be. I'm making it one.
Laughing
Quote:
Marital Status: Divorced, although I don't much see the relevance of reliving my shame.
No children, I hope? Count your blessings for mistakes avoided!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:51 am Reply with quote
@nobahn

It has been over 50 years since I read Atlas Shrugged but as I remember it runs over 1200 pages. The main character has a long speech about two thirds through which is probably the distillation you seek. It runs something like a hundred pages.

I will avoid providing my personal opinion as it is not a subject that can be discussed politely.
ShintouGenesis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:36 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
Gabe--
So, what is the philosophy of Ayn Rand? Can it be distilled from just one novel?
Quote:
Laughing
Quote:

We try to rein those in here on this site; please report offensive posts -- and when doing so please use >1 sentence! Thank you.
Quote:
Please accept my condolences.
Quote:
Laughing
Quote:
No children, I hope? Count your blessings for mistakes avoided!

1: Objectivism would be her driving philosophy and it is pretty much shown in all of her work. I don't necessarily subscribe to it myself (although I do recognize her as an amazing author and talent). Atlas Shrugged is probably her most celebrated work but if you wanted to know more about the idea of objectivism, she's written several philosophy books pertaining to it, one being Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology.

2: Anime smile

3: I absolutely will.

4: Thank you.

5: Anime smile

6: Nope, no children, thank God.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quote
Yooo, how did I not find this thread? Imma do this right now!

Name: HeraldofJOJO

Blood Type: IDK Laughing

Religion: Islam

Pets: Cats. I've lost count.

Drink/Smoke: Believe me, I consider myself quite unhealthy. I don't need to be doubly sure that I will contract cancer.

Likes: Generally? Anime, manga, video games, music, etc. Anything surrounding art. Oh, and rain. I looove rain. Very Happy

Dislikes: Crowds, hot weather and improper hygiene. (I get more than enough of those things here in my country.)

Favorite Anime: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Another, Monster Musume. I haven't found a lot of anime that I love.

Favorite Manga: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Tomie, Haru x Kiyo, iShoujo

Favorite Books: Goosebumps (don't judge me). On a side note, I have no interest towards anything that's supposed to appeal to my demographic; The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, that one dark fantasy/romance book series out there (you know the one), etc.

Favorite Games: Ooh, so many to choose from. Shin Megami Tensei, The Legend of Zelda, The King of Fighters, Street Fighter, BlazBlue and way, way more. Very Happy

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Mmm... no TV shows that I really liked. For movies, Star Wars Episode VII, Ant Man aaaaaand.... I don't remember any others of significance.

Favorite Drink:
Can't drink. Refer to my religion.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke Zero. The Scott Pilgrim movie turned me towards it and I said, "I want it."

Favorite Foods: Dat white chocolate. Also, cookies and cream anything.

Favorite Sports (to watch): I dislike sports...

Favorite Sports (to play): I suck at sports. Unless fouls are allowed. I'm good at those. Twisted Evil

Favorite Music: Ahh... this is where it gets interesting. My tastes in music are, to put it simply, varied. Here are my faves; Lindsey Stirling, System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold and Aqua. A violinist (an awesome one at that Very Happy), a philosophical metal band, an experimental metal band, and a pop group from the very late 90's respectively. Surprised?

Job: Student

Hobbies: Drawing dumb doodles, playing videogames, anything to do with me sitting on my butt

Fun Facts:
1. I can be courteous and friendly (as I'm supposed to be), but I have no respect for anyone. Ask my friends. Twisted Evil
2. I am incredibly foul-mouthed. Ask everyone who knows me. Twisted Evil
3. Once I feel that someone (this applies to Youtube celebrities/celebrities on Youtube) is famous enough, I immediately unsubscribe. Twisted Evil
4. I will never unsubscribe from Lindsey Stirling's channel. Anime hyper

Favorite Quotes: "What was that about my hair?" - Josuke Higashikata
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
Herald Of JOJO--
Quote:
Yooo, how did I not find this thread?
Go to this thread and scroll down to "pseudo-stickies." You'll find a bunch of interesting links. For recommendation threads, click here.
Kamagor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Hey, folks. Been a reader of the website for abit, nice to have something that encircles everything Japanese pretty much beyond just anime. Felt like joining as some of the other places I chat at, there's nothing going on with anime at all, so discussions about that go nowhere lol Been a long time since I've joined an anime website as I use to hang out on one like a decade ago I think...forgot what its called now though.

Name: Kamagor

Ethnicity: Irish/German/Eastern European

Religion: Atheist

Pets: Been a number of years since I last owned a pet sadly. When I moved to Florida from across the country with the family, it was best for us to give up our cat and dog as we didn't know what place we were gonna be able to get. Haven't had one since.

Drink/Smoke: Partial to Rum & Cokes, Lemon Drops, Vodka & Sprite, and Mikes Harder Lemonade. Hooka's can be nice, but I don't own my own.

Dislikes: People that purposefully troll in very jerkish ways, hot weather, busy roads.

Favorite anime: Ghost in the Shell series, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, a lot of Studio Ghibli movies, etc...

Favorite game: Legend of Zelda NES, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, etc...

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Disney's Robin Hood, a lot of the Disney animated shows like Tail Spin, Ducktales, Venture Brothers, Batman The Animated Series, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Early show and first movie), Godzilla flicks, etc...

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Soda, but cutting back on that, so lately it's been the Dasani Sparkling Water drinks.

Favorite Foods: Pasta, absolutely love it.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Destructoid, Youtube...

Favorite Music: Metalhead primarily, so your Big Four (Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer), Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend, Judas Priest, Gwar, Dio, Black Sabbath, Annihilator, etc. Below that would be like Rock varying from ACDC to Halestorm to ZZ Top to Guns N Roses. Punk is then below that, mostly late 80's to 90's/early 2000 stuff...MXPX, Bad Religion, Green Day...

Hobbies: Video Games, Perler Beads, use to love Paintball, but that is way too sucky to do in Florida heat, which sucks since I live 5 minutes away from a paintball field lol
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Hereby I welcome you, Kamagor-san, to our little sect. Since you like pasta, I can assure you will like it here. We are just as tolerant as the Flying Spagghetti Monster.

If you are lucky, Psycho-sama will come and flower you with a range of gifts. You will surely like them all. Though Psycho-sama has been too busy to do that lately...
Kamagor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:16 am Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Hereby I welcome you, Kamagor-san, to our little sect. Since you like pasta, I can assure you will like it here. We are just as tolerant as the Flying Spagghetti Monster.

If you are lucky, Psycho-sama will come and flower you with a range of gifts. You will surely like them all. Though Psycho-sama has been too busy to do that lately...

Ramen to you and may his noodly appendages bless one and all here lol
A Mystery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing
I approve of that sentiment!

Enjoy your time here.
Paul D. Atreides

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

Ever since I saw Escaflowne and Evangelion back in 2011 I have been a big fan of anime. This has been my go-to website for news and reviews during all this time and now, after getting over my awkward weeboo-troll phase, have I decided to join in. The reason being that I really wanted to have my own list of things I've watched and read, and because I want to be among the many people who discuss on the forums. I hope we'll have a good time and get to know each other.

Name: I WILL BECOME THE MUAD'DIB!

Ethnicity: Swede

Religion: Atheist

Dislikes: Starving

Favorite anime: Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition (yeah I know everyone calls them "Rebuild" but I call them New Theatrical Edition)

Favorite Manga: Berserk, Naruto, One Piece, Knights of Sidonia, Panorama of Hell, Giganto Maxia, Renai Sample, Shoujo Material

Favorite Books: Expedition, After Man: A Zoology of the Future, Dinosaurs: the most complete up-to-date encyclopedia for dinosaur lovers of all ages

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Breaking Bad, Amadeus

Favorite Drink: Rosé

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Fresh Orange Juice

Favorite Foods: Asian food, particularly Indian

Favorite Sites: Anime News Network, FAKKU, This Week in Science

Favorite Sport (to play): Badminton, Swimming, Skiing

Favorite Music: Anything by Mozart

Hobbies: Travel around the world, read ero-manga, listen to music, eat at restaurants, go to museums, swim in the ocean, watch PewDiePie videos, watch Nostalgia Critic, watch science & nature documentaries, watch anime.

Favorite Quotes:

If you're good at something never do it for free.

- The Joker

Last edited by Paul D. Atreides on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Paul D. Atreides wrote:
Quote:
Favorite Books: Expedition, After Man: A Zoology of the Future, Dinosaurs: the most complete, up-to-date encyclopedia for dinosaur lovers of all ages

You appear to have missed a title here. Go ahead and add it, it is only four letters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 218 of 233