• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:34 am Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, PlebianWeeb. Best of luck with your Youtube channel!
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Cordial greetings, PlebianWeeb! Random gaming Youtube channels certainly have their place in this world. You never know who may be searching for footage of a random game that you happen to offer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll chime in here and say some stuff about me. I've recently been commenting more often here, but never participated in these forums before, so I decided, "Why not?" It'll give me a chance to directly meet more people who like anime as much as I do or more.

Name: My username is my name

Martial status: Single

Religion: Between atheist and agnostic

Drink/Smoke: Never

Pets: I take care of 3 chihuahuas.

Favorite music: Lots and lots of music. From Louis Armstrong to Rolling Stones to Soft Cell to Linkin Park. Anime music too.

Favorite Sport: Baseball. I root for my home team, the Angels

Favorite games: I mainly play on Sony and Nintendo consoles. My most enjoyed are Bioshock, Super Mario 64, Gran Turismo, Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, and the Tony Hawk's Skateboarding series.

Favorite Anime: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni season 1 and Kai, Great Teacher Onizuka, Clannad, Texhnolyze, Kino's Journey, Shirobako, Sound Euphonium, Gurenn Lagann, Konosuba, Seitokai Yakuidomo, and the To Love Ru franchise.

Dislikes: Pretentious people, Hypocrites, and Very hot weather.

Facts about me: I'm going to graduate high school in June, so I wanted to be a bit more social in real life and on the internet. I like discussing various things with other people on shows that I watch, so I am hoping you can welcome me to this site that I just now decided to be a part of. I hope the information above can give you a general idea of my person. Thank you.

Last edited by Joshua Zarate on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate--

Welcome to the Anime News Network forums! Smile

Query: You write that you live in SoCal, and yet you dislike "very hot weather"; may I ask just how you reconcile those two contradictory facts?
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
^Well, I usually just try to stay indoors as much as possible whenever it's 90 degrees Fahrenheit or hotter because I'm not a big fan of sweating. I'll be okay going out if there's at least an overcast or if it's raining. But yeah, I appreciate you welcoming me here, nobahn. I hope that I can be able to discuss various things in anime directly with others on this site.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:55 pm Reply with quote
^
Well, I wish you the best! Anime catgrin
Martin SAE

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:49 am Reply with quote
Name: Martin

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single

Birthday: 31/05/1998

Ethnicity: 5/8 English, 3/8 Irish

Religion: Agnostic

Pets: A cat which is creatively named "Kitty"

Drink/Smoke: I'm t-total and I don't smoke.

Likes: Procrastinating mostly tbh. I play competitive Pokemon a bit, but for the most part I spend my free time chatting on Discord or watching anime. I like writing about, and talking about, anime.

Dislikes: if I said all the stuff I dislike I'd be here all day.

Favorite anime: Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) (<--If I had to pick a single greatest anime ever made, I'd pick this), NHK ni Youkoso (Welcome to the NHK), Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu season 1, AnoHana, She and Her Cat: Everything Flows, FLCL, Serial Experiments Lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion. Personal picks which I know aren't as good but are very close to my heart are Inazuma Eleven and ERASED.

Favorite game: Pokemon Platinum; there is no contest.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: The Grand Budapest Hotel. Inside Out, Wall-E and Up are up there too though!

Favorite Drink: Ginger ale, traditional lemonade, hot chocolate. Also Coke>Pepsi and if you disagree you're taste sucks :thinking:

Favorite Foods: BURGERS. Also I like most Japanese food 'cause it agrees with my system and always makes me feel healthy.

Favorite Sites: Smogon Forums

Favorite Sport (to watch): Snooker is the best sport.

Favorite Sport (to play): Muggle quidditch (yes, this exists; google it), pool (I suck though hahahaha

Favorite Music: I'm pretty flexible; I'll listen to most stuff. I listen to a lot of Japanese music too, including Vocaloid, non-vocaloid JPop and Japanese classical (the latter is some good shit). I like classical music in general, with my favorite probably being Dvorjak's New World Symphony, but honestly if the song or piece of music isn't utter shit then I will probably like it regardless of genre (I can't take screamo though; sorry metalheads).

Job: Student

Hobbies: Anime, writing about anime, Pokemon, talking about anime, chatting on Discord, listening to music, playing french horn, browsing/posting on Smogon (for context, I have almost 6k posts on there at the time I'm posting this)

Favorite Quotes: I'm not good at remembering quotes, but one which really sticks out to me that I remember is "The Town Without Me" by Hinazuki Kayo (from ERASED)

"When I get bigger, big enough to go somewhere by myself, I want to go to a land that’s far away. I want to go to a faraway land. I want to go to an island that has no people. I want to go to an island that has no pain or sadness.There are no adults, children, classmates, teachers, or my mom on that island. On that island, I can climb a tree when I want to climb a tree, swim in the sea when I want to swim in the sea, and sleep when I want to sleep. On the island, I think about the town I left behind. Kids go to school, as if nothing has changed. Adults go to the office, as if nothing has changed. Mom eats, as if nothing has changed.

"When I think about the town without me, I feel a sense of relief. I want to go far, far away"
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Martin SAE--
Welcome to the ANN forums. Smile
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Many hearty welcomes, Martin SAE! I find it quite brave, I shall admit, to declare a preference for ginger ale over domestic ginger beer. Why settle for the less gingery of the two varieties?

What are your favourite burgers around town, if I may ask? (I have a fondness for the pineapple burgers they serve at Kua 'Aina, though the sandwiches of Five Guys seems to have become a favourite amongst many here. Covent Garden's Shake Shack left me underwhelmed.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
XOtaku90

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:27 am Reply with quote
Name: Micah

Martial status: Married

Religion: Between atheist and agnostic

Drink/Smoke: Sometimes, but not all the time

Pets: One chihuahua and two gold fish

Favorite music: Any punk and pop music before the year 2000

Favorite Sport: Baseball

Favorite games: Super Mario World, Mortal Kombat II, Super Street Fighter Turbo, Quake, Crash Bandicoot 2, Undertale, Dragon Quest 4 and Dark Souls III.

Favorite Anime: Super Dimension Century Orguss, Macross, Lupin the Third and Infinite Ryvius

Facts about me:

My first anime was Robotech in the mid 1980's when I was 5 and became a anime fan in 1990 when I was 10. I discover fan subbed and RAW tapes of Super Dimension Century Orguss, Dragon Ball Z, Macross, Blazing Transfer Student, and Edokko Boy Gatten Tasuke. It was Orguss that got me hook into anime back in the early 1990's.

I still enjoy anime, but not as much as I used too. 1990-1996 was the best years of anime for me and I felt 1997-1999 was when anime was losing quality. They focus more on toy driven shows like Pokemon and Shonen titles like One Piece. There is not many anime for grown ups these days. I do like Attack on Titan, KonoSuba, FMA: Brotherhood and One Punch Man though.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Welcome XOtaku90. I live in southern MD too. Nice to see another Marylander here.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quote
XOtaku90 wrote:

My first anime was Robotech in the mid 1980's when I was 5

I was a bit older at the time; good times, more good times, and and still more good times.
XOtaku90 wrote:

I still enjoy anime, but not as much as I used too. 1990-1996 was the best years of anime for me and I felt 1997-1999 was when anime was losing quality. They focus more on toy driven shows like Pokemon and Shonen titles like One Piece. There is not many anime for grown ups these days. I do like Attack on Titan, KonoSuba, FMA: Brotherhood and One Punch Man though.

Below are 2 links for you.
Mature / Adult (non-Hentai) Anime.
A link to which is found in.....
Anime Hunting - NO Recommendation threads allowed! [READ THE 1st POST]
Spawn29

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I've been here for a while and never did any introductions. So why not.

Name: Spawn29
Marital status: Single
Religion: Agnostic
Pets: One dog
Drink/Smoke: Neither. I dislike alcohol and smoking.
Favorite music: Any hard rock and metal bands before the late 90's/early 2000's.
Favorite sports: N/A
Favorite games: Doom 1 & 2, Splatterhouse, Legacy of Kain, Quake, Mortal Kombat, Metal Gear Solid 1-4, Super Mario World, Final Fantasy 5, Legend of Zelda: OOT and Half-Life.
Favorite anime TV Shows/OVAs: Guyver (OVA's and 2005 TV series), Monster, Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, Gunbuster, Captain Harlock (1978 TV series), Getter Robo Armageddon, Kaiba, Tiger & Bunny, Kaiji, Parasyte, Baccano! and Shin Mazinger Z Impact
Favorite anime movies: Perfect Blue, Ninja Scroll, Wicked City, Ghost in the Shell (1995 film), Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise, Millennium Actress, Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro, Jin-Rou, Nausicaa, Vampire Hunter D (Both Movies) and Venus Wars
Favorite manga: Devilman, Guyver, Bastard!!, Old Boy, Battle Angel Alita, Silent Mobius, Monster, Parasyte, Gunsmith Cats, Hellsing, Akira, Berserk and Panorama of Hell.

Fun facts about me;

My first exposure to anime was Samurai Pizza Cats, re-runs of Speed Racer & G-Force, The New Adventures of Gigantor and the Fox home video release of My Neighbor Totoro in 1994-1995. In 1996, I discover anime on the Sci-Fi channel thanks to Venus Wars and watching anime on Sci-Fi when I was 5 got me into anime a couple years before Pokemon started in the US. I was also watching other anime in Elementary School on VHS and Starz like Ninja Scroll, Bio Hunter, Twilight of the Dark Master, A.D Police (1990 OVA), Crying Freeman, Fist of the North Star, Patlabor, Battle Angel Alita, Gunsmith Cats, Ushio & Tora, Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, Cyber City Oedo 808, Blue Seed, Cybernetics Guardian and Devil Hunter Yohko.

Loving Godzilla and monster movies help me as a gateway to Godzilla. I wanted to see anything from Japan as a kid.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
Ha, 2 Marylanders in a row! Gonna take over this joint! I really got needlessly excited there. Anime smallmouth
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:40 am Reply with quote
Geez, who knew Maryland was a hotbed of otaku-dom??? Although, it makes sense, I guess. Is Otakon is a pretty big con. Mind you, I guess it's no longer being held in Maryland...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 225 of 233