• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Yes, welcome aboard, Peter! Always glad to see a new member who isn't a spotty-faced teenager. I am a distinguished gentleman of 51, myself.

I like your taste in anime, movies and TV shows - we should get along fine if you hang around, which I hope you do!

And yes, you are a very good son, indeed.
peter a

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Thank you , Alan45 for your help in using YouTube borrowed avatar very scary I know.

Thank you , Blood for your kind words , Sorry about no knowing your real name , but think I`ll pass on looking at all 222 pages to see if I can find your details.
51 years , I still have a couple of years on you then , but glad to know someone from my decade is on here.

Quote:
I like your taste in anime
I started with the top 10 lists of must see dubbed anime , now running out of good ones with my art style and running into a lot of only 1 season anime like HOTD , which was o.k , but a little too much fan service for my liking.
My last night I finished off Accel world which didn`t completing the main story line, and was back in 2012 so I think that's the end of that. they missed one ,they should have used the voice actor of Stan in south park for the english dub.

You will get the joke.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Many salutations, peter a!

Out of a more than passing interest, may I ask where you reside more specifically?
Rotherham? Barnsley? The foot of the Peaks? That part of Derbyshire which is just within the limits of the Sheffield tram network whose name I forget? (I once took a coach ride that detoured off the M1 not far from there due to traffic. The area was not unpleasant—we almost got to see Chesterfield!) I have family who live around Endcliffe, you see. Sheffield is a nice enough place if one is tolerant of all the hills.

My digression aside, you might be surprised to learn how many adults were touched by Key adaptations such as Clannad. I fondly recall a senior moderator here, himself mature in years, who spoke most highly of them.

I'm also most sorry to hear of your personal story. I second [b]Blood-[b/] in applauding your actions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
@peter a

No problem. We don't do a lot with full names here. Blood- answers to that fairly readily. I would claim that his full name is Peter Blood, but I doubt anyone here is old enough to get the reference. I will also answer to just Alan, 45 is the year I was born, you are far from the oldest here. Enjoy yourself here.

Edit: I know I watched Clannad, but I only vaguely remember it. It didn't have any emotional impact at all.
peter a

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:50 pm Reply with quote
To be exact I live in a small village called Killamash , which is between , Sheffield , Worksop , Chesterfield and Rotherham , near The Rother Valley Country Park, or in-between J30 and J31 M1. You can say that Killamarsh is a one horse town where someone shot the horse.

But for this forum is very international I just tried to give the best approximation of where I live.

I think the last time I went to London was for a computer show at the Nova hotel in 1979, and I can remember they wanted about £1.50 for a cup of coffee , So we went outside the hotel and got a 3 course meal for less than that.
I`m a keen photographer so thinking of a coach trip to London's centre to see what I can take there.

@Alan45

Wow , I guess I`m not the oldest on here, I know that on most anime forums which looks to be 99% teenagers , I fell like that creepy old guy.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, peter a, but I have a lock on the "creepy old guy" role around here and I will brook no interference in my territory. Wink

I've forgotten where my intro post in this thread as well as I joined over 7 years ago. I'll give you a thumbnail sketch: my first name is Brian, I live in Toronto, Canada, I am recently er, "between positions" employment wise but FULLY expect I'll start looking seriously in the New Year. I was employed as the head of development at a film and tv production company here that, unfortunately, has fallen on hard times. Well, if I have to return to my original career as a high-end gigalo, so be it.

My other main function here at ANN is a losing battle to keep Alan45 in line. You've clearly already had a taste of how unreasonable and persnickety he is - it doesn't get much better I'm afraid. Try to treat his vitriol with good humour. Wink
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for clarifying, peter a! If ever you come down for a photography trip, be sure to bring edible provisions! The trend of high prices has persisted; one's only respite is the number of Tesco branches dotted around town.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aoije

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
Name: Jerry

Sex: Male

Blood Type: B

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: 1/3 - Chinese, 1/3 - Dutch, 1/3 - Batak

Religion: Agnostic

Pets: I missed my pet turtle, Tom =(

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially but doesn't smoke.

Dislikes: Anime live-action, War, Conflict

Favorite anime: Black Lagoon, Scryed, Gintama, Barakamon, Fate/ series, Shimoneta, Argento Soma, Shadow Skill, Boys Be, Initial D, Whistle!, Slam Dunk and more...

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Yugo The Negotiator, Bungaku Shoujo (Novel), Yandere Kanojo, Tetsugaku no Letra, Ballroom e Yokoso!, Genshiken

Favorite Books: Introverted Entrepreneur, Tom Clancy series, does Doujinshi counts?

Favorite game: Zelda II: Final Fantasy 7&8, Counter-Strike, Tropico 5, Tokimeki Memorial, Call of Duty series, Battlefield series, Winning Eleven 2016, Football Manager 2015,

Favorite TV shows/Movies: South Park, The Starter (NBA TV), The Simpsons,

Favorite Drink: Bintang Beer (Indonesian Beer), wine, sake

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Specialty Coffee, Water and Pocari

Favorite Foods: I really would love to try every food around the world.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Kotaku, Anime-Source, Meetup, Youtube

Favorite Sport (to watch): Soccer, Basketball, F1, Tennis, Volleyball

Favorite Sport (to play): Futsal, Tennis

Favorite Music: J-pop, J-rock, Eurobeats, Bossa Nova, Jazz

Job: Finance Manager but becoming a Coffee Roaster soon.

Hobbies: Coffee Roasting Machine, Cupping Coffee, Building Gunpla, Photographing Cosplayers,

Fun facts about Aoije:
Have two fake bunny teeth
Have history of epileptic seizure
Been playing CS casually for 15 years now
Lived near Akihabara for 3 months (Fulfilled my dream)

Favorite Quotes:
There are many books in the library. Each book has a wonderful story that will never happen in reality. But as you fall in love, reality becomes a wonderful story better than any novel. - Boys Be...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, Aoija!

Very envious you got to live near Akihabara for a while. That must have been a blast.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh, someone who is a fan of both the CoD series and the Battlefield series. Good to know that I'm not the only person part of that club Laughing
Zubby

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here!

Name: Zubby, for forums.

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Married

Religion: Athiest

Drink/Smoke: Drinks a little (maybe a glass of wine with dinner) and don’t smoke.

Likes: Reading, travel, riding my bike, photography, making art

Favorite anime: FLCL, Yuri on Ice!!!, Paranoia Agent, Noragami, Durarara, anything Ghibli

Favorite Manga: Don’t read much manga, actually. I’ve read some Noragami, Kimi to Boku, FLCL, that’s about it.

Favorite Books: Godel, Escher, Bach; The Book of Leviathan (Peter Blegvad)

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Spirited Away, Animaniacs, The Tick, Daily Show

Favorite Drink: Tequila, red wine

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water, tea

Favorite Foods: Good Chinese food is my comfort food (not strip mall Chinese). I’m fortunate to live fairly close to Chicago’s Chinatown, and eat there often. Also like seafood, Indian food, tropical fruits.

Favorite Sites: Tumblr, avatarspirit.net (I moderate forums there), various art/photo sites

Favorite Sport (to watch):I watch some events of the Olympics, that’s about it

Favorite Music: I listen to a little bit of everything. I have very broad tastes in music, from Classical to Japanese noise, with long stops in Jazz and post punk along the way.

Job: College professor-studio art. I teach mainly Photography and Design. I’m also a working artist, I mainly work in collage, screenprinting and Photography (both digital and film, alternative photo processes, digital photo manipulations, vintage and toy cameras, etc).

Hobbies: Photography, collecting tacky postcards and other kitschy paper ephemera
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Zubby, welcome to ANN!

I like your choices for favourite anime, especially FLCL, Paranoia Agent and anything Ghibli.

I hope you decide to participate in the anime series discussion threads if you happen to watch "currently airing" anime on Crunchyroll or any of the other legit streaming sites that exist these days.
Zubby

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome, Blood!
I'm sure I'll participate in the anime discussion threads, that's one of the reasons I joined. I do tend to lurk a lot, though, especially when I'm busy with other things.

I use legit sources to watch anime whenever I can, and just bought a Crunchyroll subscription a few weeks ago. Loving it, don't know why I waited so long! The only currently airing shows I'm watching now are Yuri on Ice and Natsume Youjincho.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:54 am Reply with quote
A hearty welcome to Zubby!
Zubby wrote:
Favorite Foods: Good Chinese food is my comfort food (not strip mall Chinese). I’m fortunate to live fairly close to Chicago’s Chinatown, and eat there often. Also like seafood, Indian food, tropical fruits.

If I may inquire, are there any Indian dishes to which you have taken a particular fondness?
Zubby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
A hearty welcome to Zubby!
If I may inquire, are there any Indian dishes to which you have taken a particular fondness?

I really love bhindi masala. Apparently there's two versions, one which is more 'wet' and the other more 'dry'. I like the dry version better, I'm told it's a northern Indian version ( I really wish I knew regional Indian food better, but it's difficult in the US) . Also tandoori chicken, of course, how could you not love that? Murgh makhani and chicken vindaloo are also favorites.

I love Indian snack foods! There's an Indian neighborhood here in Chicago, and there's a couple snack shops/cafes there. I haven't had enough to know dishes by name, I usually go in and ask the staff to pick what they think is good, and they always give me something amazing. I also buy bags of fried spiced chick peas and lentils in Indian groceries. So yummy! Zin5ki, are you a fan of Indian food?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 223 of 233