• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - June 23 - 29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyborg 009

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quote
Just a small correction. In MAR episode five, you said that Alviss was a Chess Piece. He's actually a Cross Guard, a.k.a. a good guy.
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quote
Good luck on your vacation Brian. (goes top TVGuide.com for next week's BLEACH info)
See ya next next week!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, interesting click:

The Good: Dates & times are no longer tentative
The Bad: Dates & times are no longer in Eastern Time (though when following CN's habit of calling midnight the night before rather then the new morning *shrug*)
The Ugly: Stopping to question how much socializing is occuring Sunday morning around midnight.
Quote:
Bleach continues its frontal assault on our otherwise sociable Saturday nights

*shakes that thought off once again*

Cyborg 009 wrote:
Just a small correction. In MAR episode five, you said that Alviss was a Chess Piece. He's actually a Cross Guard, a.k.a. a good guy.

Good guy ... Bad guy .... they are all fritting about (particularly Alviss' pouty fairy companion) insulting and fighting each other, and is this really what we want kids to learn?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Brain Hanson wrote:
and Macross Plus is probably just about the best damned thing on TV this week.

I hope you're joking. I couldn't watch past the first 15 minutes of the first episode. Besides not having a single clue what was going on*, the dub was one of the worst I'd seen on TV lately. Besides the opening combat scene, the whole thing** was a drag.

*this isn't a mark against Macross Plus, but I just never saw any other Macross before.

**the first 15 minutes
jel123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
*this isn't a mark against Macross Plus, but I just never saw any other Macross before.
I've seen most of the others (subs only) and I think the only relation Plus has to the other series is the design of the Mech and the fact that music and/or singing is going to be part of the plot. But that's just the Macross way Wink

For the 5 or 6 other people that get AZN don't forget Last Exile starts Monday June 25 at 8:30p EST (Repeats Tue June 26 1:30a).
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Really?

It seemed like there was a whole lot that I was missing.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:16 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
the dub was one of the worst I'd seen on TV lately.

Let's cut it some slack, here. The dub was produced in 1995, over 12 years ago, which needless to say things have improved since then.

Plus it stars David Hayter! Solid Snake!!! Scriptwriter for X-Men 1 and 2!!! Other things!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quote
Tokko was a bad idea, sci-fi channel. A bad idea. It only has 13 episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:23 am Reply with quote
jel123 wrote:
[For the 5 or 6 other people that get AZN don't forget Last Exile starts Monday June 25 at 8:30p EST (Repeats Tue June 26 1:30a).

I'm one of those 5 people Rolling Eyes Last Exile will also air 8:30 P.M. Tues. and repeat 1:30a WEd. And same thing Wed. night and Thurs. morning.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
I hope you're joking. I couldn't watch past the first 15 minutes of the first episode.

I haven't watched any of the other Macross installments (I've seen bits and pieces of the original Macross TV series that was used to create Robotech, but only a few bits and pieces), and I had no problems understanding Macross Plus. It's pretty much a stand-alone show that doesn't require the rest of the series fto be understood or enjoyed (and yes, I enjoyed it).

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1