• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: DmC Devil May Cry's Tokyo Game Show Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The American Average

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote
There you go Dante with white hair stop bitching. But continue whining about his face looking like that Pattinson dude
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:47 am Reply with quote
I'm going to buy this just to gawk at it. The art direction is brilliant.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quote
Keyl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 am Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:
There you go Dante with white hair stop bitching. But continue whining about his face looking like that Pattinson dude

Isn't it kinda stupid that they made Devil Trigger mode to look more like his old self to please the old-school DMC fans except it made it worse because Devil Trigger mode is suppose to look.. you know.. like a Devil.
daichi383

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:09 am Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:

I second this. The gameplay looks better than DMC4 too (which was ass by the way Cool )
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 am Reply with quote
Okay. This is good now. So long as we're not forced to play some other twerp (or a certain black power ranger) through the first half of the game, I'm happy.
kpk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:25 am Reply with quote
I don't get all the complaints and bitching either, it's from the creators of Heavenly Sword and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Which means the story will probably be AMAZING!
darkslayer709

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I was initially very sceptical about the direction they were taking with this game, then I watched the trailers, looked at the gameplay and... wow, I'm actually impressed. I loved Enslaved and I'm willing to give this game a try.

I am wondering though... while I wouldn't say that this game is trying to follow any specific canon (besides, Capcom themselves screwed that up with the introduction of DMC2 and DMC4) I am wondering if Dante is younger than he was in DMC3 which could explain why his Devil Trigger is not a demon... probably not but eh, you never know right? Since Dante always had inhuman powers even before Vergil unlocked his Devil Trigger for him in DMC3 (...heck, even 3 contradicts the canon but then I suppose you could argue that Force Edge was still sealed so he couldn't draw off its power to Devil Trigger like the other Devil Arms).

Yikes, I'm talking such nonsense aren't I?
LaSean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:40 am Reply with quote
darkslayer709 wrote:
I was initially very sceptical about the direction they were taking with this game, then I watched the trailers, looked at the gameplay and... wow, I'm actually impressed. I loved Enslaved and I'm willing to give this game a try.

I am wondering though... while I wouldn't say that this game is trying to follow any specific canon (besides, Capcom themselves screwed that up with the introduction of DMC2 and DMC4) I am wondering if Dante is younger than he was in DMC3 which could explain why his Devil Trigger is not a demon... probably not but eh, you never know right? Since Dante always had inhuman powers even before Vergil unlocked his Devil Trigger for him in DMC3 (...heck, even 3 contradicts the canon but then I suppose you could argue that Force Edge was still sealed so he couldn't draw off its power to Devil Trigger like the other Devil Arms).

Yikes, I'm talking such nonsense aren't I?
It's doesn't follow the DMC canon. Completely different universe. This Dante is half demon half angel. The original Dante is half demon half human.

daichi383 wrote:
Penguin_Factory wrote:

I second this. The gameplay looks better than DMC4 too (which was ass by the way Cool )
Shocked Evil or Very Mad
The American Average wrote:
It's more than the hair that fans are "bitching" about guy. You are foolish to think that's the only reason why fans are mad.
darkslayer709

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Ack! I had forgotten the half-angel detail. My bad, sorry.

A part of me still wishes that they had stuck with the original Dante that initially pulled me into the first game, but hey I'm more than happy to play another over the top hack and slash Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1