• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Well AS screwed over the Big-O fans royally tonight.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anlushac11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Twisted Evil

Tonight was supposed to be the final epsiode of Big-O. So I sit down to watch it and what comes on? Episode 20.

Starting next week Big-O is moving to weeknights so now they expect everyone to wait 5 weeks for the last episode.

Unbelievable.
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I agree with you. I waited all day expecting a great finale to one of my favorite anime and I get "Stripes", not "The Show Must Go On." The Adult Swim website and the tv schedules say the last episode was going to show. I hope Cartoon Network is prepared for the hate mail they are going to receive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I hope for their sake that this was merely a technical foul-up, and that POSSIBLY the right episode will air when Adult Swim replays later tonight.

If not, then this was a Halloween "trick" done in the poorest of taste. Fans don't like this sort of thing. Remember when they had that big cliffhanger on South Park, and instead of the conclusion, aired a Terrance & Philip special? Yeah...the amount of hate mail and threats they got over that was incredible. This is no different...worse even, since we've been waiting much longer to see this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:03 am Reply with quote
I feel gypped!
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:10 am Reply with quote
Yeah. I was kinda dissapointed that I didn't getta see it tonight.

I missed like, the first 2 minutes of the show. I was completely confused for the first 10 minutes (because I had missed that episode), a few of the thing that ran through my mind were: Wait, wasn't Dorthy...I thought Alex was...weren't the bigs about to...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:23 am Reply with quote
Those were my thoughts exactly. I got caught up in Strawberry Eggs (next to last episode, RIGHT at the climax), when I looked at my clock and saw I had missed the first minute or two of Big O. I flipped it over, and at first thought "maybe this is just a flashback."

Ten minutes passed, I realized it wasn't a flashback, finished Strawberry Eggs, cried (somewhat, mostly just sniffled a lot) at the end, then came and posted here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
sean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:32 am Reply with quote
Or like that time they did not air the last episodes of zoids chaotic century for a few weeks and everyone was really pissed. That was fun.
Anlushac11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:05 am Reply with quote
Cool

I will wait til 2am and see if it repeats. If ep26 doesnt play then I am through with AS for awhile. I have seen all of the shows now on and see no point to staying up anymore.
Delthayre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:59 am Reply with quote
Well, the rerun was "Stripes" too.

Eh, don't bother none.

It would seem to be the result of a mistake. I would suggest not getting worked up, however,they'll probably make room for it next week.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:06 am Reply with quote
what the hell is going on? i just turned it there too, and "Stripes" is on. damnit!
Meson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:38 am Reply with quote
WS gave BOC the wrong tape, it seems. They made an announcement during the webcam party.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:44 am Reply with quote
Good. Then that means we'll see it next week, and waiting one week is a hellava lot better than five.
wcy2003

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:47 am Reply with quote
I bet WS feels pretty stupid becasue of this, that'll teach em to check the tapes twice
arxane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:10 am Reply with quote
The episode they aired was 20 instead of 26. I wonder if someone's handwriting accidentally made his/her 0 look like a 6, which caused the mess-up? :roll:

In any case, while I am a little disappointed at this, I'm not going to cry about it. Things like this happen all the time. I just happened to occur at the worst possible time, that's all.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:44 am Reply with quote
When I was ~11 yrs old and Transformers was showing, they screwed up the episodes and mixed up a two-parter. They showed Part 2 one day, a different episode the next, and Part 2 again on the third day.

I called up the studio and complained. I was mad! I wonder how the secretary I was talking to felt! Not like I knew to ask for a certain person!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3