• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gravitation Novel

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuRoRo!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
This novel I think was pretty stupid. It wasn't very well written and didn't really catch my attention. Although there were a few funny parts, I don't think the writer caught the mood of the series.
What do you think of the novelization of the Gravitation series?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
It felt a little like I was reading fanfiction, lol. It's been a while since I read them (There's two of them, you know) but they were fun, quick reads.
panties

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote
The first one was almost disturbing in how awful it was. It was like bad fanfiction from hell. It wasn't funny, everyone seemed out of character, there were a few typos, and if I remember correctly (it's been a few months since I've read it) there were even corny lines like, "A giant sweat-drop appeared over Shuichi's head." Where was the comedy and charm of the original Gravitation? Eh, I guess I should have expected it to be that bad since it wasn't even written by Maki Murakami. I have absolutely no intention of reading the second novel now.
Twigleg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quote
The LN adaptions made me want to vomit. The horibble corny dialouge and OOC-ness was, as everyone has said, like a fan-fiction written by a stoned monkey.

Two-thumbs way down.

They aren't writting another are they? I hope not >.>
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1