• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Freedom Riders

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Ingrod wrote:
[After all a egocentric uncouncious demigod can use the poor mortals how her dolls if she wants. Laughing

What do the girls with her dolls? Comb their hair, changue theis dresses, same thar Haruhi with Mikuru. Smile

That's an interesting take on the situation, and it does ring true. Wonder if the creators intended that impression?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
A lot of people who are expecting that anything HD is going to blow them out of their eye sockets are going to be sadly disappointed, especially if a title is just an up converted SD to HD product. Even a production that is HD from it’s very first frame isn’t going to be saved from the sess pit if it was destined to be there in the first place by bad writing and production values. International Business Machines, (aka IBM) soon discovered in their early days of digital technology the phenomenon of what they called G.I.G.O. (garbage in, garbage out.) and the same is true with this digital technology as well. HD is basically just more lines of resolution on a TV screen, which means shyte in HD is still shyte but with more detail showing why. Wink

Yes ... but pretty shyte is still pretty, and makes it tolerable for the one and only time you will watch that piece of dretch.

Really hoping Bebop gets the HD treatment before too long, but in retrospect, it is old enough that a great many jaggies will need to lose their lives for it to come out good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6