• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fall 2011 Anime Spotlight

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magvis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Wow. Each year, each season it seems to get worse and worse. Talent has run dry it seems.

I'm here until the end though. Here's to Winter!

Well, some of the new series look interesting. However Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere looks INCREDIBLY formulaic and downright BORING. Glad to see the preview. Now I can watch something else when I actually have time to watch stuff.
corinthian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to Future Diary (a.k.a. Mirai Nikki). I'm kind of surprised the manga didn't really take off in the US, as it was (as it was first described to me) like Death Note meets Battle Royale. Just another thing to file under "Tokyopop," I guess
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
If there are two shows that I had to pick it would be 'P4' and 'Fate/Zero'. Man, I really need to get back into the loop. I was wondering when 'P4' would start but I keep forgetting that it's not until October. When all the creepies come out.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quote
For me:

Guilty Crown
I'll still at least check this out being noitaminA but the more I hear about this show the bigger the stink. The premise sounds absurdly generic. Don't like the staff at all. Plus, now I'm hearing that It'll probably be one of these awful, nationalistic Japanowanks? Yuck.

Un-Go
Eh...I find that fujoshi bait is at least moderately more tolerable than otaku bait. It's pretty possible for a show to blatantly pander to fujoshi and still be good. This is important because this show is so clearly going to pander to fujoshi really damn hard. Staff is decent at least. Hence, I'm still moderately positive about this.

Fate/Zero
So long as it doesn't lapse into the usual VN crap then this should be good. FSN was fine in this regard and I hear Zero is actually even better. Competent director. This is probably the show I'm most anticipating.

Persona 4
I'm still a little torn on this show. I got a dozen hours or so into P4 the game. I'm not actually crazy about the gameplay but I'm at least intrigued by the story. I guess this could be viewed as a good thing since it'll hopefully let me experience the story of P4 without slogging through the game although on the other hand I'd still sort of like to try and get into the game and I know I'm never gonna do that if I already know the story.

Future Diary
I keep hearing good things about this show. The premise is intriguing. I wish there was more info available.

Phi Brain
This will probably be a crappy little kid's shounen show but puzzles are fun so I'll give it a look I suppose.

So...five or six that I'll check out. Two or three that I'll probably stick with. Eh. Not awful but not great.
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:38 am Reply with quote
The only thing I wanna know is where is "The World God Only Knows: Third Season". Lol. Oh well, at least there's a bunch of new Squid Girl.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
I hope that "Guilty Crown" isn't a America-bashing series. I'm not exactly fond of those types of series. But then again,I never got into "Code Geass" either. One of the main reasons was it's main character. Lelouch,to me was a jerk. I didn't really like him. And no,having a nasty father isn't a good excuse. I think they tried to make him into some Jim Jones-type of guy. Again,I didn't really like Lelouch because he came across to me,at least as a nasty creep and I didn't really want to watch it. Why this show was popular is a mystery to me.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote
So,they did a "Future Diary" anime. I hope it comes out here soon. I read the manga and it was pretty interesting. Again,I hope someone licenses this anime soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11