• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Strike Witches (TV + movie) (all seasons).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:01 pm Reply with quote

Season 1 - Strike Witches (TV)
Season 2 - Strike Witches (TV 2)
Movie - Strike Witches (movie)
Spinoff - Brave Witches (TV)
Season 3 - Strike Witches: Road to Berlin

Genres: action, comedy, magic, science fiction
Themes: fanservice, magical girl, military, moe

Plot Summary: The year is 1939 - it was then that the Neuroi appeared. Nobody knows where they came from or what their ultimate agenda is, but the fact remains that their attacks drove people out of their towns and cities. In order to take arms against them, humanity develops a new anti-Neuroi weapon called the "Striker Unit." Using the power of magic to fight against the monsters, this new device enhances and amplifies the power of female magic-wielders. To use this device, young witches from all over the world have been brought together to form an elite task force unit called the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, commonly known as the "Strike Witches."
----------------------------------

Surprisingly, I didn't see a thread already made for the series. I was originally just making one for S3, but I guess I'll roll it all into this single thread (unless I just missed it; so feel free to post the link if you find it, and I'll merge/edit).

I've heard of the franchise, but haven't seen any of it. Always seemed like it'd be too cutesy for my taste. Might give it a shot at some point just because David Production is doing S3, and they're pretty awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1