• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: MM! Sub.DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I enjoyed the first half of the series quite a bit. Sado had potential as an unassuming hero with strong morals (when it didn't involve S&M stuff) who could take a beating. His stand against the boxer was impressive and feelings towards kissing during the mock wedding was respectable. Then it all goes down hill after that. I was so hoping the super pervert part would just be a dream, but the two times they did it was two times too many. Too bad, the entire series should have been fun.

Emerje

Well I'm big on these types of and i would have definitely enjoyed it as well as any fanservice junkie,especially those mildly numbed loli loving otakus. Laughing

Unfortunately I'm skipping this one cause for one reason. LACK OF AN ENGLISH DUB!

I was hoping it would have , but we know the company's rep for licensing series all too well. Alias , it would have been fun cause it would have been a good fanservice series too. Not as great as Popotan , but decent enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I think that from this point on, if I watch a series I like, I'm not reading the review for it here. Unless it's a season preview of sorts.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

I won't buy it, but if it's ever made on a streaming site, I may just take a glance at it just to see for myself how ridiculous it can get.

Episodes 1 and 2 are streaming for free on Anime Network's site: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/MM/Watch . It looks like episodes 3 and beyond will only be for subscribers.

You can also keep an eye on Hulu. Several of their streaming shows end up there eventually. http://www.hulu.com/search?query=The+Anime+Network&st=1&fs=
eliko_sho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the first Episode and I Loved it. I came here to read more about it and I LoLed so hard at the review. The last paragraph alone goes to prove the person writing it watched less than I did.

"the series doesn't even bother to ask why Isurugi started the Second Volunteer Club in the first place, or to explain why she insists she's a god."
Funny seeing as how in the Very first episode when she hears she helped the cross dressing friend she turns all red and even flat out says she enjoyed hearing she helped someone...... anyone wanna take a swing at why she started the club now? and to the god thing.... SHE LIKES TO PLAY GOD! She has a cocky personality and likes to stick her nose in the lives of others to help them with problems they can't on their own.... you know.... like how people pray to god for help

And bitching about not showing the dark side of perversion there are plenty of media about that already so why shouldn't there be some about embracing it? I'm a kinkster myself and I'm helping a friend who though he was a freak for his fetish so maybe have a series where it shows it's okay to be a freak. In short it was a low brow show that made me laugh and caught my interest and given the chance I'd love to bitch slap the reviewer
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
pretty much summed it up.. it's a fun show to watch but not something to take all to seriously.. on a sad note the light novel fans will never get an ending...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2