• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where can i find good messenger bags?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
it's back to school time (soon) and I need a new backpack. I bought this a year or so ago from Suncoast- but they aren't going to be getting anymore new ones soon.

I'm not going to any cons anytime soon either. Sad

So I'm asking- does anyone know of any good places to buy anime messenger bags? I only know of one site and they are known for selling bootleg merch, so I was hoping someone could help me make a legal purchase.

thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Look for a site that sells 'Mythwear' brand bags. Good stuff. I own 2 mythwear bags myself... one is practially new after 2+ years... the other is less so, but I used it a LOT more.. and quite frankly, the worst of the damage is my fault (I spilled something on it.)
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I know this is a shoe in around here but...

Backpacks, Messenger Bag

Bags

Backpacks

Bags
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote
thanks guys. now the real trouble: deciding which one to buy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote
You could always go with the crack is cheaper statement Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

it took awhile but i choose this one:
but considering how much this one cost
... the crack is cheaper one would have never spoken truer words.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:59 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

Yep, get that style.

I bought another bag (this one), and obviously someone can't design bags. My main complaint is that the Mythwear bag had the compartments in the right areas. The Initial D one has no place to hold a drink, and theirs only one "Big" compartment, and two smalled zippered ones. Both are against my back instead of one compartment in the "front" or on the flap, and one against my back. Plus the cell-phone holder is the only thing they did right!!
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

Yep, get that style.

I bought another bag (this one), and obviously someone can't design bags. My main complaint is that the Mythwear bag had the compartments in the right areas. The Initial D one has no place to hold a drink, and theirs only one "Big" compartment, and two smalled zippered ones. Both are against my back instead of one compartment in the "front" or on the flap, and one against my back. Plus the cell-phone holder is the only thing they did right!!

In all honesty I hate Mythwear bags. The Samurai Champloo bag I mentioned is Great Eastern. Sadly- there were no Great Eastern bags that I liked. the mythwear bags are a bit too narrow for my tastes- and I really don't need all the comparments, though the pop holder is great.

The bag I ordered looks a lot bigger than my other myth bags and I hope its works out. I prefer to have my cell phone in my pockets- but yeah it works out.
Oh fudge I should have gotten this one! it's bigger, and its in a much better color.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1