• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Critical Mass to Release Urotsukidoji: New Saga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Well I am interested since it's a classice along with La Blue Girl,Discipline and Bible Black. And it's giving an english dub which is a plus for me.

Though what i really hope is that Discipline Zero gets licensed to the US as well as Nanoha's ova spinoff Triangle Heart: Sazanami Joshiryō

Last edited by jr240483 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
This is actually the more recent remake, not the "classic" (although the chronology of Urosukidoji is deeply confusing)

Actually, Nanoha is the spinoff ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I know nothing about hentai, but do newer productions get US releases at all? From someone who doesn't care, it seems like it's just the same old shows being relicensed by new companies rather than new licenses entirely. Is this true?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I know nothing about hentai, but do newer productions get US releases at all? From someone who doesn't care, it seems like it's just the same old shows being relicensed by new companies rather than new licenses entirely. Is this true?

Sort of, but it also has to do with ANN not reporting on when other hentai anime are licensed. The other half is that not much hentai anime is being licensed these days due to the economy and due to paranoid Japanese producers afraid of reverse importation. And in the case of hentai anime, where it's censored in Japan, that is a real palpable fear related to actual quality and enjoyment of the product. For normal anime, the fears are mostly limited to the American releases being cheaper.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
This is actually the more recent remake, not the "classic" (although the chronology of Urosukidoji is deeply confusing)

Are you sure? Confused

I though it was the other way around since Both it's OVA came before the nanoha series. Especially since Sweet Songs Forever and Sazanami Joshiryō are completely different.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beized

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Are you sure? Confused

I though it was the other way around since Both it's OVA came before the nanoha series. Especially since Sweet Songs Forever and Sazanami Joshiryō are completely different.

Triangle Heart is a visual novel release way back in 1998. It and its various sequels are the original source from which the various adaptions (Sweet Songs Forever, Sazanami Joshiryō) and spinoffs (Nanoha) come from.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote
Ah, the series that started it all!................. And by all, I mean the anime=pr0n label in the West. Laughing

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Primus wrote:

Sort of, but it also has to do with ANN not reporting on when other hentai anime are licensed. The other half is that not much hentai anime is being licensed these days due to the economy and due to paranoid Japanese producers afraid of reverse importation.

Alas, h-anime isn't the cash cow nowadays as it used to be, what with free pr0n easily available in the interwebs a click away. Laughing
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:47 am Reply with quote
I never watch hentai in English. Something about the voice work just doesn't sit right with me. It's as if they sound even more fake in it than usual. In Japanese, I wouldn't know any better.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:43 am Reply with quote
Beized wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Are you sure? Confused

Triangle Heart is a visual novel release way back in 1998. It and its various sequels are the original source from which the various adaptions (Sweet Songs Forever, Sazanami Joshiryō) and spinoffs (Nanoha) come from.

That i know which was the reason why I though that way since the Triangle Hearts OVA came before Nanoha. Especially since Sweet Songs Forever is more of a " girls with guns " genere than the Sazanami Joshiryo which is definitely for the 18+ crowd.

Also Prime PM , I can understand why you wont watch them in english , however there are some that are decent enough. Night Shift Nurses is one, as well as Discipline and Bible Black.

If you watch them in eng you may change your mind about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1