• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Third Kiddy Grade Movie's Trailer Posted Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
And of course we never got them. You would think we would.
Heretic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm more interested in knowing when Kiddy Grade 2 starts airing. The promo got me pretty excited.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Heretic wrote:
I'm more interested in knowing when Kiddy Grade 2 starts airing. The promo got me pretty excited.

I agree, though it would be nice if we did also get those movies over here. Since it seems obvious the show has a good solid fan base behind (since there's a sequel and movie(s)) hopefully after we get the second season we'll also get the movies. I hope Funimation gets the second season as the first season was one of the best dubs that Funi has done before.
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Solid fanbase? More like, Hirano Aya has a solid fanbase. I bet that if she hadn't played the resident loli in Kiddy Grade, a second series would've been out of the question.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
Solid fanbase? More like, Hirano Aya has a solid fanbase. I bet that if she hadn't played the resident loli in Kiddy Grade, a second series would've been out of the question.

I disagree. I think the VA's on both tracks all (well pretty much all, 95%)did outstanding jobs. The story itself was well done I thought. Yea it was a bit light and fluffy but it had the right amount of seriousness at the right times to keep it interesting and worth watching. The animation was also very well done. This would be a classic example for me of a "rare gem" show as it was very well done but didn't get much publicity at first. That's of course just my opinion. I think regardless of having or not having Hirano Aya the show would have merited a sequel.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
THIRD movie? Sheesh... I still remember when they announced the FIRST movie... It would be nice to see them... I'm a diehard Kiddy Grade fan...

Mmm, I see the first movie just came out on DVD a few days ago... could be why no fansubs yet...
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Maybe FuniRepBlue has some insider info she might be able to pass along in terms of any future plans for Funimation to try and get the 2nd seaon and later on the movies. I'll have to ask her and see if she knows anything and can say anything regarding it.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
And of course we never got them. You would think we would.

I'm not sure what you mean by "never" - only one movie is out on DVD so far and the third hasn't screened yet.

Heretic wrote:

Not until after the movies finish screening in September. Now, gímik's last two series (Kiddy Grade and Uta Kata) both aired in October but I'm less and less confident that we'll anything released this year.

kokuryu wrote:
I see the first movie just came out on DVD a few days ago... could be why no fansubs yet...

It was actually out at the end of last month.

psycho 101 wrote:
Maybe FuniRepBlue has some insider info she might be able to pass along in terms of any future plans for Funimation to try and get the 2nd seaon and later on the movies. I'll have to ask her and see if she knows anything and can say anything regarding it.

Even if she knew she wouldn't be able to say anything more than that they were interested in it. The rep at ACEN (Adam Sheenan) wasn't even aware of their existence at the time, and despite prompting it appears no-one thought to ask anything at AX. (see http://anime.thenexxus.org/blog/archives/2007/05/funimation_at_a.html)

Some other stuff that is relevant:

My writeup of the first movie: http://anime.thenexxus.org/blog/archives/2007/07/kiddy_grade_ign_4.html
Screencaps of new stuff to the Director's cut: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/shirobane/KiddyGradeIgnition?authkey=pksX8F43r-4
Scans of the DVD contents: http://www.kiddygrade.info/scans/movies/
Scan of the box: http://www.kiddygrade.info/scans/movie_box/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1