• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ring Finger artist, Miki Falls artist, CMX interviewed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:32 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
CCS:
Quote:
And I put up with way more of his mental & physical abuse than I should have because I cut him way too much slack over his traumatic brain injury.

I'm sorry to hear that, but if the injury prevented him from restraining himself or recognizing his actions, it's not his fault. Even if it was his fault, though, it's not fair to compare him to Hon'ya-chan.

Quote:
You try living with a guy for 20 yrs who's mentally between 9-16.

Man, whatever happened to, "'Til Death Do Us Part?" What if you were the one with the disfigurement and not him? Would you appreciate being bad-mouthed behind your back?

Quote:
He's been in a little bronze box in my teen's room since January 2001.
Notice the past tense use.

He was cremated in 2001--that's why his ashes are in my teen's room. I did cpr & everything, although I later realized he'd probably been dead 6 hours or so, but finding the person you'd lived with for 20 yrs dead doesn't always induce clear thinking in the crises. The paramedics worked on him for an hour.

As for badmouthing, I said 9-16. 9 yr olds know better than to whack people when they're pissed. much less try to strangle their own 9 yr old child. I blame a lot of it on his mom never controlling him because he was her precious baby son.

Quote:
Recap:

I see something in another thread, about how CMX is selling buttloads of TenTen. Naturally, being skeptical (and I also blame Wikipedia, damn you Wikipedia Cabal!!), I ask for figures.

You come along, say "Oh yes, you can find it anywhere, they sold wellz, LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111"

I call your bluff, ask you to prove it.

You reply with a witty remark and completely do a turnaround.

Classic.

Ah...I said they're still in business. Every Comic-con panel I've been to it seems CMX is very separate from DC--it's being made to stand on its own pretty much--someone asked about mingling with the DC staff & they said they are pretty much separate.

It was Paploo whio said

Quote:
http://www.google.ca I have stuffs to do. It's not that hard to use google.

It's on the same page as your response so you should have noticed we're 2 different people.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote
CCS:
Quote:
As for badmouthing, I said 9-16. 9 yr olds know better than to whack people when they're pissed. much less try to strangle their own 9 yr old child.

But not every 9-16 year old is missing a chunk of his/her brain!

Quote:
Ah...I said they're still in business. Every Comic-con panel I've been to it seems CMX is very separate from DC--it's being made to stand on its own pretty much--someone asked about mingling with the DC staff & they said they are pretty much separate.

But it's ultimately up to DC over whether CMX will continue, and the only reason it hasn't chosen to pull the plug is that American comics are doing so much worse than manga that even low sales from TenTen are still higher than regular sales of Batman , Superman, etc.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:25 am Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:

It was Paploo whio said

Quote:
http://www.google.ca I have stuffs to do. It's not that hard to use google.

It's on the same page as your response so you should have noticed we're 2 different people.

Most sorry, seeing how my google-fu is broken, but how can I put this in no uncertain terms:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2