• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2007-08-24]

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cephus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:18 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Cephus: Were talking about Anime conventions obviously. Rolling Eyes

But there really are no anime-only conventions, they all include manga and cosplay and a lot of other related fandoms, just like San Diego Comicon, ostensibly a comic book convention, is a conglomeration of multiple fandoms. The best place to get an accurate read on the fandom by itself is a place where these other fandoms are not included, something like local anime clubs and judging from what everyone has said (and my own experience), those are almost entirely male.
Cephus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Yeah, my teen's been telling me about it. She's disappointed Stallone isn't doing a cameo.

You have to remember that when Stallone did DR2000, he was a nobody. Corman couldn't afford him these days. Granted, his acting skills haven't improved any since then...
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:18 am Reply with quote
uh yeah, Im pretty sure were talking about the Anime fanbase (Manga included) and again, obviously comiccon would be a poor choice since its not a specific Anime/Manga convention. Believe it or not though, there are conventions out there specifically for Anime and Manga.
Ningensei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I'm glad somebody brought a counterpoint to this "friends" issue...there are all these women who say "My boyfriend/husband and I were friends for # years before we started dating, so you should try to be 'friends first' with women too." The problem is, for every man featured in one of those heartwarming stories, there are about a dozen others who have been friends with a woman they liked for years and never got anywhere else with them.

This can be very true, in some cases I think. I cannot really speak for all women, but once you get past this certain point of being friends, then you will most likely never be anything more than a friend. In other words, if you become too good of friends, then it is hard for a you to be seen as a romantic interest because of the friendship. To me it is probably different than with casual friends, cause you kind of know each other, but aren't super close and all. I guess I could say me and my bf were "friends" before we started going out, but it was more like a hanging out/casual thing than really good friends.

I hope I'm making sense. Confused Sorry if it's confusing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14