• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Christian Manga, Bible with Japanese Artists Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyesopen0791

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
mistress_reebi wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

I don't think Creed is Christian music. POD is, but I don't think Creed is.

Creed was totally not obvious about the Christian themes in their songs. However, they got big pretty fast and basically went mainstream. Check out this commentary. (Hope I did the link right)

http://wm01.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:jbfwxquhldse~T1

I wish I can make references to anime in these discussions, but alas, as I mentioned in one of my posts I'm a very brand new anime fan. But that means a whole heap of anime to look forward to watch. Wink
SethMajormi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
And Jesus entered Neo-Bethlehem, riding a giant robot, and the people cried "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord," and danced to the tune of Lucky * Star. And Jesus prayed "God is in His Heaven, All is right with the world." And then he showed off his leet DDR skillz with Tamriel.

You deserve applause my good sir or madam.

At least they aren't having an artist who doesn't know what he/she is doing drawing it. I'm glad it is being done in an authentic manga style. I wonderhow good it will be and what the price will be. I might just pick this up for kicks.

I hope the Lance of Longinus is drawn in Evangelion style. I would have much joy from that.
Crovmon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I thought Evangelion was basically the bible, Adam & Eve and all... did I miss anything?

So... anyone else looking forward to the H-Doujinshi of this? Twisted Evil

Or as a good friend of mine would put it:
Quote:
"Oh yes saviour! Save me! Save me more! Save me harder!"

Anime smile
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote
eyesopen0791 wrote:
Viga_of_stars wrote:
prime_pm wrote:
And Jesus entered Neo-Bethlehem, riding a giant robot, and the people cried "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord," and danced to the tune of Lucky * Star. And Jesus prayed "God is in His Heaven, All is right with the world." And then he showed off his leet DDR skillz with Tamriel.

So does that mean the jews danced the Hare hare yukai?

(im so going to hell for that. )

Oh, you are, you are. But you'll be laughing so hard as you do. And now that I can't get that image out of my head, I'm gonna die laughing at work.

Viga_of_stars wrote:
It has. Christian techno is actually pretty cool and Tbone is some awesome hip hop.

Heh, I'm showing my age, but I liked Christian music because sometimes I wanted cleaner music. I enjoyed Amy Grant (pop), Petra (heavy metal) and Creed (grunge). Haven't kept up with though. Will have to check out the techno though since I loved that type of music.

All of my old church friends love Jackie Vasquez. I had her on cassette! (Man im old too!)
SethMajormi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Crovmon wrote:
I thought Evangelion was basically the bible, Adam & Eve and all... did I miss anything?

It's close enough to be. It's more intertaining then the bible to say the least.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quote
beelzebozo wrote:
As far as Revelations goes, try this: http://www.e-sheep.com/apocamon/

WOW...just wow!
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of the Apocalypse Ponies sketch from Robot Chicken.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
beelzebozo wrote:
As far as Revelations goes, try this: http://www.e-sheep.com/apocamon/

WOW...just wow!

Hahaha! Well, my weekend's filled.
Berserkfury819

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
This could be entertaining. As Christian anime fan, I think it will be interesting to see how they pull it off. Given Christian media in the past, my expecations are pretty low, but you never know. At least they didn't get a manwha artist to do it.

Apacomon, funniest thing I've seen all week.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
eyesopen0791 wrote:

I wish I can make references to anime in these discussions, but alas, as I mentioned in one of my posts I'm a very brand new anime fan. But that means a whole heap of anime to look forward to watch. Wink

Well, we all have to start somewhere. Don't worry, you'll probably catch on to things pretty quickly. Always check the [burl=animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/lexicon.php]ANN lexicon[/url] first for terms you don't understand. And if someone mentions an anime you don't recognize, the ANN encyclopedia is there to help so you at least have a vague frame of reference and idea of what people are talking about.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Crovmon wrote:

No, it has a Christian motif but it isn't an adaptation to the Bible.
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Berserkfury819 wrote:
At least they didn't get a manwha artist to do it.
Was that a cheap shot at War Angels? Wink
eyesopen0791

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:57 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
eyesopen0791 wrote:

Well, we all have to start somewhere. Don't worry, you'll probably catch on to things pretty quickly. Always check the [burl=animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/lexicon.php]ANN lexicon[/url] first for terms you don't understand. And if someone mentions an anime you don't recognize, the ANN encyclopedia is there to help so you at least have a vague frame of reference and idea of what people are talking about.

Oh, I am. Smile I have been reading everything on this site for weeks now. Shocked But I don't mind because I am an information addict and I hate sounding uninformed when I post.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:09 pm Reply with quote
@ eyesopen0791: Welcome to ANN and to the world of anime! May you find many great series to love and enjoy!

Viga_of_stars wrote:
(im so going to hell for that. )
Somehow, I think the Almighty has a sense of humor and lets little things like that slide. If not, heaven's one vast empty plain of existence. (And hell looks exactly like Earth, except with more fire and horns.)

SharinganEye wrote:
Reminds me of the Apocalypse Ponies sketch from Robot Chicken.
Best. Sketch. Ever. That one was so realistic, as in like the real My Little Pony commercials, it could almost be mistaken for a legitimate commercial!

This whole Manga Bible thing is a little. . . odd. Yet, I don't find it offensive either in terms of it being propagandistic or an affront to my religious beliefs. It doesn't really seem like it's going to be a "let's brainwash the heathen masses" type of thing and I'm not one of those morons who claim to be Christian but don't act like it. (Yeah, a good Christian tells everyone they're going to hell and condemns every form of entertainment as "the devil." Right. Rolling Eyes )

Anyway, this seems kind of cool to me. Strange, but cool.

And as long as this thread doesn't devolve into some sort of religious flame war, I think we should all be able to express our various responses to this without a problem.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Somehow, I think the Almighty has a sense of humor and lets little things like that slide. If not, heaven's one vast empty plain of existence. (And hell looks exactly like Earth, except with more fire and horns.)

and metal!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8