• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sentai Filmworks Announces Dub Casts for Coicent, Five Numbers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Lol at Luci Christian being in everything this year ._. but still my favorite English Voice Actor being in so many shows is a good thing.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote
An odd yet interesting voice cast for both titles but I really have no interest in the anime other then their English dubs.
The American Average

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote
John Gremillion and Mark X. Laskowski haven't heard from them too often. Great to see Sentai is dubbing more regularly now.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Great to hear that Matt Greenfield is getting back in the director's chair for Sentai. I'm a huge fan of Stephen Foster's work, but the man has been directing a whole deluge of Sentai releases. Give the man a break Wink. As much of a Foster Fan as I am, I'm also a fan of Greenfield's directing work. Let's switch it up a bit, Sentai.

It'll also be humorous to hear him in some vocal roles again. I don't know if either of these things will be good, but if nothing else I'll be able to enjoy the dub, even if I do think that the "dub market" is being over-saturated with Luci Christain. I'd levy the same complaint about Hilary Haag being in every Sentai dub under the sun (or so it seems), but I'm too much of a fan for that. She's like the voice of Sentai lol.
Quote:
An odd yet interesting voice cast for both titles but I really have no interest in the anime other then their English dubs.

+1
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Coicent cast:
•Shinichi – Vic Mignogna

Well look who's back in a Houston dub. This is his first since moving to LA right?
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote
@NJ_

Wait, Vic moved to LA? Really now? Huh, so, has he been working with BangZoom! there lately or what? If that's the case, then I guess that leaves a greater opening for him to be miscast as Madoka Magica's two supporting male characters and one asexual character. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Good to see Greg Ayres name on cast lists! I guess he was able to get the surgery or whatever it was he needed so he could keep working. One of the best male VA's in US anime, in my opinion.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Wow, these are the last titles I'd ever expect getting a dub in the U.S. I'll try to support this sucker, so that Mindgame might be viable again.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Vic Mignogna emigrated to LA?! Why would he do such a thing? Are Haberkorn & Douglas (VAs) still out there?

How can Vic, the most outspoken "holy roller", the most pious man in all of voice acting, survive in the hedonistic debauchery of LA? Rolling Eyes
(It is my sincere hope that he has not stooped to working for Bang/Zoom. If he has, please point out the relevant dubs, as I'd like to see if their abysmal directing could reduce even the venerated Vic to a talentless hack. Evil or Very Mad )

With the advances in Internet connectivity and the skill of these actors, assuming he didn't fly back to Houston (which Funi/Sentai have done on many an occasion), the phrase "phoning it in" might loose its negative meaning.

Quote:
If that's the case, then I guess that leaves a greater opening for him to be miscast as Madoka Magica's two supporting male characters and one asexual character.

ROFL. Though I was thinking that Vic & Haberkorn could do all of the male voices in Funi's upcoming dub of Freezing. They're all the same, and they're all him. Razz
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
Good to see Greg Ayres name on cast lists! I guess he was able to get the surgery or whatever it was he needed so he could keep working. One of the best male VA's in US anime, in my opinion.

Considering the release for this isn't too far off, it's likely he did the work on this before his dental issues.

Anyway, I'm very happy to see Matt Greenfield directing these two. I will definitely be getting them now.

I'm not a Vic fan, but I guess it's good to see him a Houston dub again.

Last edited by dragonrider_cody on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:

The group doing the fund raising got enough to match so he can get it done now or maybe he did get it done I do not know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
How can Vic, the most outspoken "holy roller", the most pious man in all of voice acting, survive in the hedonistic debauchery of LA? Rolling Eyes
(It is my sincere hope that he has not stooped to working for Bang/Zoom. If he has, please point out the relevant dubs, as I'd like to see if their abysmal directing could reduce even the venerated Vic to a talentless hack. Evil or Very Mad )

Well he has been in some Bang Zoom dubs and if you want a recent example then he was the lead characer in Kekkaishi. For more info on which other LA dubs he was involved with then here's his profile: person#2516
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Vic has played leads in both Vampire Knight and Kekkaishi... two major LA English dubs.

Unlike FUNimation, Sentai really doesn't care about if we've heard of the voice actors or not (with the exception of Clannad, where even the PACKAGE ART pointed out Luci Christian and David Matranga's involvement). Is Sentai run by the same people as ADV?

The casts here look good, even if they are just the same people used in two different combinations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1