• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hitomi Kuroishi Returns to Sing New Last Exile's Ending

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TG72

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah! "Over the Sky" is one of my all-time favorites---I'm looking forward to this new effort Cool
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, I loved Over the Sky.
ajr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Agreed, one more reason to check it out when it's released.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for Funimation to release the BD version of the first series. Would like to see the first series before getting into the second.
Max465

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm still waiting for Funimation to release the BD version of the first series. Would like to see the first series before getting into the second.

Since the original Last Exile was made in 2003 back when DVD had only recently become the norm. I highly doubt there will be a BD and if there will be it won't be anytime soon. Maybe I'm wrong entirely and you know more than I do since I don't bother with Blueray.

Anyway, love Hitomi and glad to see she's doing the ending again. Anime smile
GhostShell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Max465 wrote:
Quote:

Since the original Last Exile was made in 2003 back when DVD had only recently become the norm. I highly doubt there will be a BD and if there will be it won't be anytime soon. Maybe I'm wrong entirely and you know more than I do since I don't bother with Blueray.

Anyway, love Hitomi and glad to see she's doing the ending again. Anime smile

Funimation had announced the Blu-ray at the same time as they announced the DVD (there was even a release date), but then put the BD release on hold. One theory as to why is that Japan was going to be releasing their BD version in September of this year, and the North American BD version was delayed until afterwards to prevent reverse importation. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long. It looks like a good series.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Yup that's how it felt especially with the timing of how all of the various announcements/changes played out with Funi and the Japanese side's announcement of the new series and original series blu-ray box went.

Now that the Japanese BD set's out hopefully they'll allow Funi to release one sometime relatively soon.

I'll be double-dipping. Smile
Kalessin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:45 am Reply with quote
Even better, it looks like she's composing the music again too! (though under her own name this time rather than Dolce Triade) So, this is good news all around. She's both a great singer and a great composer. Last Exile has one of the best soundtracks ever in anime IMHO. So, to see here back as both composer and singer for this series is great.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
Even better, it looks like she's composing the music again too! (though under her own name this time rather than Dolce Triade) So, this is good news all around. She's both a great singer and a great composer. Last Exile has one of the best soundtracks ever in anime IMHO. So, to see here back as both composer and singer for this series is great.

Couldn't have said it better, and totally agree on the first LE having one of the best scores ever.

Got goosebumps hearing her new piece in the second trailer (the half before the new OP plays), her music and the world of Last Exile go together sooo good Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1