• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Graphic Novels and Comic Books invade Long Beach State University

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Hee!

This is my local comic shop, if you're in the area please go support them!

20% off all manga every day should be quite an incentive to give them a visit, and please, don't pay any attention to Mike, the surly but amusingly obstinate owner. He's a softie underneath, really. Wink
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to go but I both hate flying and cities. I always get sick after I've been in a city. (Or maybe Atlanta is a special case. I don't travel much.)

@ Neverwhere: I haven't seen you around lately. You never write, you never call. Wink (Small joke.)
Prown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Cool I'm in the area and a plus I do go to CSULB, I'll be sure to check it out.
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:

@ Neverwhere: I haven't seen you around lately. You never write, you never call. Wink (Small joke.)

My dear Richard, you silly thing, of course I knew that was a joke. People will suspect I have no sense of humour if you go on like that. Wink *squish!* :- P

Thank you for noticing my absence! I'm afraid my poor compy was viciously attacked by viruses and was thus out of commission for several weeks, but thankfully is (mostly) all better now. I did grin a bit when I read you had mentioned my name in conjunction with Saiunkoku Monogatari (which, in case I hadn't said it before, is fantastic ;- ), that was a very pleasant surprise. Smile

I shall do my best to stick my nose into the forums and provoke you into saying terribly blasphemous things from now on. *grins*
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote
Neverwhere wrote:
Thank you for noticing my absence! I'm afraid my poor compy was viciously attacked by viruses and was thus out of commission for several weeks, but thankfully is (mostly) all better now. I did grin a bit when I read you had mentioned my name in conjunction with Saiunkoku Monogatari (which, in case I hadn't said it before, is fantastic ;- ), that was a very pleasant surprise. Smile
Speaking of Saiunkoku, the first volume should be on it's way to me in the not too distant future. (TRSI has it backordered for some reason. Mad )

Sorry to hear about the virus attack. Glad to hear that's mostly resolved! No intention of making it sound like you lack a sense of humor, I just like to be cautious when making certain jokes.

Quote:
I shall do my best to stick my nose into the forums and provoke you into saying terribly blasphemous things from now on. *grins*
You wouldn't have to work too hard. I'm sure more than a few people around here think I'm a twisted puppy. Twisted Evil
Bahamut God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I go (well went) to CSULB and they often had an anime vender there. Who ever it was selling stuff before also sold bootlegs, as well as merchdice, real R2's and manga.

The anime club at the school is pretty chill as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1