• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces Dirty Pair: The OVA Series DVD Collection

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

DVD Features:
Scene access, remastered video from the recent Japanese DVD re-release, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo for English and Japanese dialogue, English subtitles and English on-screen translations. PLUS: Clean opening, clean closing, U.S. trailer, liner notes and Nozomi Entertainment trailers.
Okay, perhaps this is just me, but the underlined "features" in that quote are not what I would call features. Everything else, besides the liner notes, is included by rote on pretty much every anime dvd ever, and don't really need to be listed.

Though I suppose
Quote:
DVD Features: liner notes
isn't as impressive for marketing purchases. I suppose my post here corroborates that theory; I saw the big hulking block of DVD extras in the press release, and my disappointment and vexation with realizing that they are almost all fluff provoked me into posting this.

I suppose there aren't any other DVD extras to put on this release (which was a fun watch, back in the day) but I'm opposed to the death of DVD extras in general.

On topic, I'll preorder this asap.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
For those curious about the packaging, it has been confirmed by Alison Roberts at Mania that this set will be a 3-disc keepcase.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:12 am Reply with quote
This is good news indeed. Y'know I really have yet to sit down and watch the OVAs. I saw them years ago, back in the 90's but it just didn't stick. I'll have to consider picking this up when it's released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1