• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Witch Hunter Robin coming to Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Sango

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I heard the show is going to be released in Feburary.

Wolf's Rain will be released in April and Ghost in the Shell in July.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:16 pm Reply with quote
okendri wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. It's hard to tell when, where, or in what edited state, CN will put a programme. Past examples have shown little common sense. Tenchi Muyo, Ryo-Ohki, and recently Blue Gender come to mind here. Common sense should dictate that WHR is uncut on Adult Swim, but take nothing for granted. Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes
Tenchi and Ryo-Ohki were aired before Adult Swim was even on and Blue Gender was edited by Funimation.
Blue Gender was transmitted on the Sci-Fi UK channel here in the UK, from FUNimation, UNCUT. If it was edited on CN there in the US, CN did the editing, or CN requested FUNi do it just for them with their edit list. As for Tenchi Muyo, Ryo-Ohki. Toonami was the Adult Swim before The Adult Swim came on line, if you get my meaning. It was because of the mass wailings and gnashing of teeth about the silly edits of TM, Ryo-Ohki. that CN invented AS in the first place. Rolling Eyes Wink Arrow
okendri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Blue Gender was transmitted on the Sci-Fi UK channel here in the UK, from FUNimation, UNCUT. If it was edited on CN there in the US, CN did the editing, or CN requested FUNi do it just for them with their edit list. As for Tenchi Muyo, Ryo-Ohki. Toonami was the Adult Swim before The Adult Swim came on line, if you get my meaning. It was because of the mass wailings and gnashing of teeth about the silly edits of TM, Ryo-Ohki. that CN invented AS in the first place.

The UK doesn't have the same standards when it comes to tv that the States have. From what I've heard Eva aired in the afternoon over in the UK, and we know what happened to the 2 episodes of Eva when they aired on toonami. You are right though in that CN requested Funi to edit Blue Gender.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:18 pm Reply with quote
okendri wrote:
Quote:
Blue Gender was transmitted on the Sci-Fi UK channel here in the UK, from FUNimation, UNCUT. If it was edited on CN there in the US, CN did the editing, or CN requested FUNi do it just for them with their edit list. As for Tenchi Muyo, Ryo-Ohki. Toonami was the Adult Swim before The Adult Swim came on line, if you get my meaning. It was because of the mass wailings and gnashing of teeth about the silly edits of TM, Ryo-Ohki. that CN invented AS in the first place.

The UK doesn't have the same standards when it comes to tv that the States have. From what I've heard Eva aired in the afternoon over in the UK, and we know what happened to the 2 episodes of Eva when they aired on toonami. You are right though in that CN requested Funi to edit Blue Gender.
That's because we booted out the bloody puritains over to you in the 17th. Century. The natives should have let them starve. Laughing
Actually it was 0930 on Saturdays on Sci-Fi UK, every one of them.
Vashbebop21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:07 pm Reply with quote
GoldenBeck0! wrote:
Saturday doesn't seem viable. Most of shows on there are hyper-active and kiddy by nature (don't mention Kenshin and YYH.) I'm most certainly seeing an Adult Swim premiere for it. Hopefully this means we won't be watching Reign for too long...

You're not the only one that's hoping that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Poof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:36 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
The info was leaked, who knows when CN actually plans to officially tell us.

Actually, Tempest. If you talk to Bandai they still haven't made any firm deals.

The thing is... There are more networks than just CN interested in WHR... (Also, it's not the Anime Network or the Action channel) ... they want a piece of the next 'Cowboy Bebop' ^^ (I mean in possible popularity.)

Tempest, you should hang out in Jerrys channel and you can maybe confirm(?) some of the rumors? ^^
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:43 am Reply with quote
Poof wrote:
Tempest wrote:
The info was leaked, who knows when CN actually plans to officially tell us.

Actually, Tempest. If you talk to Bandai they still haven't made any firm deals.

AS confirmed in a card that Witch Hunter Robin was definitely coming in February. I don't think they'd promise things and not deliver. That be false advertising.
Poof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:12 am Reply with quote
When was this card placed?

And, I'd figure that the Marketing manager would be aware of what's going on.

Again, why would Jerry say that there were more than just CN interested currently. He pretty much said(I don't have the logs on this computer, sorry.) "ANN usually jumps on rumors. CN doesn't have it, however we are in negotions with CN and other networks."
Cassandra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:33 am Reply with quote
Poof wrote:
When was this card placed?

And, I'd figure that the Marketing manager would be aware of what's going on.

Again, why would Jerry say that there were more than just CN interested currently. He pretty much said(I don't have the logs on this computer, sorry.) "ANN usually jumps on rumors. CN doesn't have it, however we are in negotions with CN and other networks."

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4438

The card was placed on the night of Nov 23.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5