• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last School Days Episode Preempted by Real-Life Crime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
testorschoice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Oh please......it's not like anyone is FORCED to watch the show, I mean come on, do you really thin the people closest to the murder are going to go watch anime the next day and be offended? People who actually are involved in this have WAY better things to do then watch School Days.

Oh please......it's not like anyone MUST watch the show this very week, I mean come on, do you really think the people watching this show are going to face dire consequences if they don't get to watch now? People who are fans of this show also have way better things to do then watch School Days.

Quote:
And I still don't get why a whole country has to moarn the death of someone. Sure, he died, yeah, it's sad, but what does that have to do with the masses?

More than this episode needing to be aired right this week.

Quote:
Are you telling me that 100 people (and that's exagerating) are going to start ponedring their existance cause some dude got killed? Are they gonna moarn someone they don't even know?

Judging by the Japanese public reaction in the news, there are people who are going to mourn someone they didn't know. It's a natural human reaction.

Quote:
Girl hates dad, girl kills dad, big freaking deal.

Show gets delayed, big freaking deal.
minakichan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Duuuude, Japan may have a lower crime rate than America and such, but a schoolgirl axe-murdering her dad? We see gun shootings, yes, and knives occasionally, but I've NEVER seen an axe-murdering girl on U.S. news.

Aside from that... maybe I just don't them enough, but... characters killing each other at the end... of a dating sim? Wow. That's one game I gotta get my hands on >_>;;;
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry, I just HAVE to ask: Are you capable of constructing your own replies, or is it so hard for you that you take other peoples posts and just change the words around? If the later is true, there are some wonderful reading/writting classed beeing held at your local school, you should really take a look. Then someday, you will be able to write your own sentences, won't that be great?

Sarcasm aside, the only thing I was wondering about is why they are making such a big deal out of THIS case. On the site that first showed the news of the murder, there were like ten more murders fron one-two days ago right under that one. So what makes THIS murder so special as to delay School Days. (Let's see you change THIS post, testorschoice)

Last edited by DmonHiro on Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote
hey jealousy can be an evil thing
minakichan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Duuuude, Japan may have a lower crime rate than America and such, but a schoolgirl axe-murdering her dad? We see gun shootings, yes, and knives occasionally, but I've NEVER seen an axe-murdering girl on U.S. news.

Aside from that... maybe I just don't them enough, but... characters killing each other at the end... of a dating sim? Wow. That's one game I gotta get my hands on >_>;;;

to DmonHiro: I think it's just a case of being decent and having sensitivity? I mean, censorship is bad, but common courtesy is never negative. This murder may not be a 9/11, but it certainly has effect because it's just so (dare I use this word) out there. A schoolgirl murdering her parent is bad enough, but with such a brutal weapon as an axe?! That's extreme, and people paying attention to the media should be shocked. (There's also the fact that SUPPOSEDLY, this kind of incident doesn't happen as much in the land of the rising sun.)

To NOT pre-empt School Days would sort of be equivalent to showing a thriller TV episode about school shootings right after the VTech incident. Not as great in magnitude, but you get my point. (And if you think that even that hypothetical show shouldn't be pre-empted, then I really can't say anything else to you.)
testorschoice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
I'm sorry, I just HAVE to ask: Are you capable of constructing your own replies, or is it so hard for you that you take other peoples posts and just change the words around? If the later is true, there are some wonderful reading/writting classed beeing held at your local school, you should really take a look. Then someday, you will be able to write your own sentences, won't that be great?

I'm just demonstrating that that your repeated argument that this murder is no big deal can be turned on its ear to say that the show delay is no big deal. Indeed, a show delay is much, much less a big deal.

Quote:
Sarcasm aside, the only thing I was wondering about is why they are making such a big deal out of THIS case. On the site that first showed the news of the murder, there were like ten more murders fron one-two days ago right under that one. So what makes THIS murder so special as to delay School Days. (Let's see you change THIS post, testorschoice)

No need to change--its absurdity speaks for itself. Uh, there were ten more murders in Japan in the last day? Proof please.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Well.....if this incident was indeed so shocking, although I don't really see why using an axe is worse then using a knife, then it's understandable why they went as far as canceling a show who had similar incidents. Aside from the axe, I REALLY don't see why this incident was so special. But I still think that not airing the episode AT ALL (like they did in Funoffu) would be just taking advantage of the incident to boost DVD sales.

On the bright side, at least I'm convinced SOMEONE will die in School Days. God, I hope it's Makoto, that prick did his best to get the viewers to hate his rotten guts. Beeing horny is one thing, but come on.......how horny can you get?

You know what would be "funny" if the episode has NO similarities with the kiling
testorschoice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Aside from the axe, I REALLY don't see why this incident was so special.

Uh, a schoolgirl is the supposed killer. How many murdering schoolgirls do you know in Japan?

Quote:
On the bright side, at least I'm convinced SOMEONE will die in School Days. God, I hope it's Makoto, that prick did his best to get the viewers to hate his rotten guts. Beeing horny is one thing, but come on.......how horny can you get?

"On the bright side"? Being horny is grounds for the death penalty now? Wink
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:

Uh, a schoolgirl is the supposed killer. How many murdering schoolgirls do you know in Japan?

Well......you got a point with that one. And she's not "supposed", she admitted the crime

testorschoice wrote:
"On the bright side"? Being horny is grounds for the death penalty now? Wink

You haven't seen the series or what? The reason people hate Makoto is not becasue he's horny. It's because how he chose to get layed. By hurting almost every girl in the show.
testorschoice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Well......you got a point with that one. And she's not "supposed", she admitted the crime

Innocent until proven guilty. Confessions can be recanted, which is why newspapers still say "supposed" and "alleged" until the trial ends.

Quote:
You haven't seen the series or what? The reason people hate Makoto is not becasue he's horny. It's because how he chose to get layed. By hurting almost every girl in the show.

Again, that ain't grounds for death. He deserves fictional retribution, and death would be eerily cathartic for the audience, but not "on the bright side."
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I think you missunderstoon my "on the bright side" comment. It was directed at the episode taken off the air. There were speculations about the ending of School Days anime beeing a happy end. The fact that they took is off the air because it was to bloody proves that is will have a bad end.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
why they went as far as canceling a show who had similar incidents

It didn't get canceled... It got preempted... In this case, that's a fancy word for "delayed until further notice".

Dictionary definition: "To take the place of; displace: A special news program preempted the scheduled shows."

Quote:
You know what would be "funny" if the episode has NO similarities with the kiling

I hope you're the only one laughing.

Quote:

I don't even need to comment.

Last edited by Unholy_Nny on Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Quote:
why they went as far as canceling a show who had similar incidents

It didn't get canceled... It got preempted... That's a fancy word for "delayed until further notice".

Quote:

I hope you're the only one laughing.

Quote:

You are not very clear on the whole "sarcasm" thing, are you? Grab a dicktonary, read up on it, and maybe you will figure out why I just wrote "dicktionary"
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

You are not very clear on the whole "sarcasm" thing, are you? Grab a dicktonary, read up on it, and maybe you will figure out why I just wrote "dicktionary"

Yes, sarcasm.

Quote:
While I am writting this, more then 70 people have been killed somewhere in the world.

Quote:
do you really thin the people

Quote:
Are you telling me that 100 people (and that's exagerating) are going to start ponedring their existance cause some dude got killed?

Quote:
It's because how he chose to get layed.

Quote:
missunderstoon

A total of 6 posts, not counting the "dicktionary" one, and we've got a total of 11 noteworthy typos and grammatical errors. (I'm sure there's more if I looked deeper) Personally not counting the "layed" one, because that's slang. But if you count it that's 12. A rate of almost two per post...

Yeah, sarcasm.

EDIT: Oh, and I know I'm acting like a grammar nazi a**h*le, but at least I respect the dead more than a cartoon. "Waaah! I have to wait at least a month before the fansubs for this episode comes out! *cries*"
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh.....my......God.......I made typos........the horror.......the humanity..........wait......what was your point again? Oh, are you pointing out that I make many typos? Cause if you are, well then bravo Capitan Obvious, you strike again. I never said that I make typos on pourpose. I just said that "writting" and "dictionary" were on pourpose. Also, if you think I even BOTHER to check my spelling and grammar on a forum debate, you are a sad, sad person. I'm actually posting here in between beta-testing a N-Cage game.

Also, when did I say I give two cents on the delay of School Days. My only beef was with the TV stations for not aring it, it could have been anything from anime to music videos. This whole "respecting the dead" is all fine and well, but it should not inconvenience other people. And what the hell, because something bad happened is showing puppy dogs and rainbows on TV gonna do ANYONE any good? Will it make things all better?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4