• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last School Days Episode Preempted by Real-Life Crime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
*reading the last two pages* Oh, look, it's an emo pre-teen kid. "I don't feel emotions! I'm different from the rest of you, and no one can relate to me! ...and I'm terribly clever, as you can see by the fact that I intentionally make grammar mistakes <3." Don't worry about it. You'll outgrow it. *headpat*

Quote:
On the morning of the 18th in Kyoto, a shocking event occurred: a girl (16) hacked her father's (45) head in half with an axe.
The suspect arrested is the second daughter who, upon graduating middle school, dreamed of becoming a mangaka, among other things. In a game described as featuring a series of mysterious deaths in a mountain village, of which a manga was also made, "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni," a scene depicts a young girl using an axe in a similar manner. The connection to the event was pointed by someone on the internet.

Way to advance the cause for manga. >< That's terrible, but I'm really more saddened than disgusted by it. Dreaming of becoming a mangaka? Really? Where did all of that go?

Quote:
Ever hear of Lizzie Borden? Technically it wasn't on the news, but it's pretty well known and pretty disturbing. ... On the other hand, it would be very ironic if a plausible motive suddenly emerged (such as abuse). Then people go from calling the girl a cold-blooded killer to calling her a victim. Why can't she be both? Still, I don't see any motive whatsoever right now, and the girl would probably say something if it gave her a chance in court.

Obviously, I don't get out enough, and the Daily Show is an insufficient resource when it comes to informing me on all the needs-to-know. (jk) I was thinking abuse as well, but for her to go to such extremes? I think there's definitely something else contributing, but hey, I don't know anything about this kind of subject. :/
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
I think this thread has more or less degenerated from actual debate to pointless opprobrium. Some interesting points have been made, but the thread is locked now.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4