• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Confirmed to Air on Adult Swim October 20

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirachi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
While I haven't watched the anime, the manga is pretty high up on my favorite list. Can't wait for the dub.

(Just hope the fandom at my school doesn't go around parading with random Death Notes that are likely to appear at Hot Topic; the joke is overused by now.)
Odekerk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Yay.

I've been waiting for this announcement.
RezSav

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Ha ha, oh wow! Now I won't have to watch the rest of the series on YouTube. On a serious note (no pun intended), this is great news for me, since I have a reason to watch AS on Saturday again. Too bad I already know the ending. Sad
Aki Ameko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote
TangentCube wrote:
minakichan wrote:
CRAP.

I was not mentally prepared to hear this news. Do I squeal? Do I cry?

I think I'll scream.

EDIT: Oh crud. Does that mean the night of October 19 and morning of Oct 20? Or the night of Oct 20 and morning of Oct 21?

I think AS needs to adopt the more-than-24-hour system, and go with 24:00. Anime hyper

Sunday, October 20, at midnight.
Um, the 20th is a Saturday. ^^; So I'd like further confirmation to make sure you have the day right... For me, it'll be at 11PM, but I still need to know which day. ^^;

And why does Adult Swim have to rag on anime so much? I know you guys said that they actually DO like their anime, but they just like their original comedies better... But what about Futurama? They seem to LOVE that one, but that was origianlly on Fox, and is the creation of the great Matt Groening. Confused
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Aki Ameko wrote:
TangentCube wrote:
minakichan wrote:
CRAP.

I was not mentally prepared to hear this news. Do I squeal? Do I cry?

I think I'll scream.

EDIT: Oh crud. Does that mean the night of October 19 and morning of Oct 20? Or the night of Oct 20 and morning of Oct 21?

I think AS needs to adopt the more-than-24-hour system, and go with 24:00. Anime hyper

Sunday, October 20, at midnight.
Um, the 20th is a Saturday. ^^; So I'd like further confirmation to make sure you have the day right... For me, it'll be at 11PM, but I still need to know which day. ^^;

And why does Adult Swim have to rag on anime so much? I know you guys said that they actually DO like their anime, but they just like their original comedies better... But what about Futurama? They seem to LOVE that one, but that was origianlly on Fox, and is the creation of the great Matt Groening. Confused

Because Futurama is a great series and it brings in great ratings. Besides, Adult Swim is losing the show to Comedy Central next year.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Just to clear up confusion, by midnight, they mean Bleach's current timeslot. Just remember what time Bleach comes on during the AS Saturday Night Block, and imagine Death Note in that slot.

I daresay that this is the least surprising acquisition Adult Swim has made in a long time. Everyone saw it coming, and VIZ even hinted about AS getting it about 2 months ago when they said they hoped AS would air it. Anyways, we knew it'd be aired.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Aki Ameko wrote:

And why does Adult Swim have to rag on anime so much? I know you guys said that they actually DO like their anime, but they just like their original comedies better... But what about Futurama? They seem to LOVE that one, but that was origianlly on Fox, and is the creation of the great Matt Groening.
Some would say that they air all that anime just to draw anime fans in to watch their original comedies.[/quote]
Celes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever looked forward to watching an anime AS is airing. Ever since I finished the manga I have wanted to see Death Note animated. I don't like subtitles so the direct downloads were out for me and I was hesitant to buy DVDs, but this is PERFECT!!!

Hopefully they will follow suit with some other great shows. Lately their anime has been less than stellar...Bleach is ok but everything else is just a mess. And Inuyasha really needs to be put down at this point.
miji

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Excited about DN airing in the US, but what's happening to Bleach? I thought it was doing really well. I hope it's not off the air for that long!
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
miji wrote:
Excited about DN airing in the US, but what's happening to Bleach? I thought it was doing really well. I hope it's not off the air for that long!

I think they'll just put it(Bleach) on at a new time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
miji wrote:

I think they'll just put it(Bleach) on at a new time.

Bleach is going off air on Saturdays at AS as of Ep 52. It will be repeating again during the weekdays, after Blood+ gets caught up to current episodes, so it won't be totally gone. IMO Bleach will return in a few months, so I'm not really worried about it.
Kyo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote
It's about time, Adult Swim! :D
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quote
No! What the hell are they doing to Bleach then? What a way to kill the momentum of a series. Why couldn't they have just put Death Note on a 11:30 or something, or just moved Bleach? Nothing can replace it.

A hiatus didn't work for FMA, so why would it work for Bleach? AS has to learn that anime is different from US TV shows, and anime can't be handled the same way.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Death Note on Adult Swim? *GASP* who saw that coming?

i will say i didn't expect it to be this soon though.
Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Great news. I've never seen a mystery/suspense anime before, and Death Note is by most accounts I've read excellent. I'm looking forward to it - and if Bleach is in fact going on hiatus there could be much worse things to fill in the slot for half a year. At any rate, it's very high up in the ANN rankings, so it's probably something all of us with AS should get under our belt.

Well done, AS!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4